.50 BMG Brass

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

.50 BMG Brass

#1 Post by Blackstuff »

Hello all,

I know the most appropriate place to ask this is FCSA but some forums are funny about you joining just to sell stuff. Anyway, my brother-in-law has acquired a fair bit of .50cal brass and I was wondering if its worth anything, rather than it just sitting on a shelf. Does anyone know if there's a market for military .50cal brass/the going rate? Probably around 100 cases.

DVC
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

Re: .50 BMG Brass

#2 Post by DanTheMan »

have sent you a PM
redcat
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#3 Post by redcat »

I could be interested in a few.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#4 Post by Blackstuff »

I think he'd be looking to get shot in a job lot. The FCSA website has this make on sale for £50 per 50 but apparently they're available cheaper elsewhere.

I was always lead to believe that 50cal shooting was £5+ a shot, think I've been told porkies!
DVC
Rockhopper

#5 Post by Rockhopper »

Surplus in the UK

http://www.ammo-zone.co.uk/(S(wwx0a23zn03nk3y1p00ahg0g))/Detialed.aspx?A1=Search~.50%20BMG~Index~297~Page~0

So id imagine that decent stuff is way more

Even in the USA its around $7 a round.
saddler

#6 Post by saddler »

Rockhopper wrote:Surplus in the UK

http://www.ammo-zone.co.uk/(S(wwx0a23zn03nk3y1p00ahg0g))/Detialed.aspx?A1=Search~.50%20BMG~Index~297~Page~0

So id imagine that decent stuff is way more

Even in the USA its around $7 a round.
Linky no work

&

Why post prices to LIVE ammo (NOT even UK prices at that)? The thread topic is empty fired cases

PM sent.
Rockhopper

#7 Post by Rockhopper »

Because Blackstuff commented that he was told that .50 cal shooting was £5 a round, the link above (which is UK based by the way) shows that it could easily be that much.

Ammo Zone (a UK company) sell 2009 dated for £542 for 100 rounds. Can't get the link to work but if you copy and paste the whole thing then it will.
M99

#8 Post by M99 »

It's military crimped brass loaded and supplied by EPA to the UK military. EPA sell it at £1.25 primed! (new)

Sent from my mobile using "An application"
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#9 Post by Blackstuff »

Cheers for the info folks. I'd always been lead to believe they were like £2 a case! So I doubt he'll be selling them for what it would seem he'd get.
DVC
M99

#10 Post by M99 »

New Hornady and Lapua is about £4 case.
The expense comes from the projectiles £2 - £4.50 each
Then 230 ish grains of powder.
Primers are about £.50p each

Sent from my mobile using "An application"