Remington 870

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Grizzly

Re: Remington 870

#11 Post by Grizzly »

Sim G wrote:I got my Carlson barrel from Brownells! They had to ship it to my local dealer, but that was no issue. Even though marked up "Carlson" it's also marked "Made in Turkey". That said, it's actually very nice. Came with a screw in 1/4 (Modified) choke and the finish inside and out is really good. It matches the Duracoated "Remington Black" receiver very well.

And it's a 3" chambered barrel. Hi-Viz fibre optic front bead and a brass middle bead. The top of the rib is finely checkered for its whole length.
Thanks for the heads up goodjob
saddler

#12 Post by saddler »

Grizzly wrote:
Sim G wrote:I got my Carlson barrel from Brownells! They had to ship it to my local dealer, but that was no issue. Even though marked up "Carlson" it's also marked "Made in Turkey". That said, it's actually very nice. Came with a screw in 1/4 (Modified) choke and the finish inside and out is really good. It matches the Duracoated "Rem 870 Black" receiver very well.

And it's a 3" chambered barrel. Hi-Viz fibre optic front bead and a brass middle bead. The top of the rib is finely checkered for its whole length.
Thanks for the heads up goodjob
Fixed it for him!
(He got the Duracoat colour name wrong)
Sim G

#13 Post by Sim G »

Pedant....

I didn't make anything about your "2 3/4 chamber only...."!!

Throbber...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Grizzly

#14 Post by Grizzly »

Had a look at Brownells. Any idea's whether a smoothbore rifle sighted Mossberg barrel would fit an 870?
saddler

#15 Post by saddler »

Grizzly wrote:Had a look at Brownells. Any idea's whether a smoothbore rifle sighted Mossberg barrel would fit an 870?
Aye....it'd NOT fit.
Needs to be the specific 870 barrel made by Mossberg.
Watch though as they make two....one is fully rifled so is Section 5.
Get the codes from EbayUS
Grizzly

#16 Post by Grizzly »

saddler wrote:
Grizzly wrote:Had a look at Brownells. Any idea's whether a smoothbore rifle sighted Mossberg barrel would fit an 870?
Aye....it'd NOT fit.
Needs to be the specific 870 barrel made by Mossberg.
Watch though as they make two....one is fully rifled so is Section 5.
Get the codes from EbayUS
I did wander as there aren't that many options. Thanks.