Wanted - Folding peep sight

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
ovenpaa

Wanted - Folding peep sight

#1 Post by ovenpaa »

I am looking for a folding type peep sight for a rifle, it needs to fit behind the tang and compliment a 115 year old European sporting rifle so a modern Lyman or similar is not really the way to go. In an ideal world maybe a Parker Hale Sportarget or similar, finish is unimportant at this stage as if all else I would use it as a pattern and make one myself.

Anyone?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
greenshoots

Re: Wanted - Folding peep sight

#2 Post by greenshoots »

Mannlicher–Schönauer M1900 and M1903

is it this one if it is they have a folding one inletted into stock

greenshoots
ovenpaa

#3 Post by ovenpaa »

No, the one I need is the one that sits just behind the tang and is screwed into the stock at the top of the wrist, my rifle had one however it was removed a while ago so all I have to go in is a slight witness mark in the wood and a couple of screw holes.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
greenshoots

#4 Post by greenshoots »

pedersoli are doing a new type which might work depending on the rifle give us a clue

greenshoots
ovenpaa

#5 Post by ovenpaa »

It is indeed the M1900 MS :p
/d

Shed Journal
greenshoots

#6 Post by greenshoots »

i would go with a bolt mounted peep, theres a pic of the pedesoli sight in the latest kranks catologue

greenshoots
Robert303

#7 Post by Robert303 »

I might have what you are looking for. It will be a few days before I can lay my hands on it and get pictures as house is in chaos due to major refit.
ovenpaa

#8 Post by ovenpaa »

Robert, I have an offer of a BSA however I will need to machine a new base for it so I am all ears if you might have something that would be a direct or closer fit.
/d

Shed Journal
Robert303

#9 Post by Robert303 »

Will do my best to get you some pics ASAP
Robert303

#10 Post by Robert303 »

I cannot lay my hands on the sight but found some pics. It is a Parker Hale 16F and it appears to be set up to be mounted on the left side of a rounded receiver. I have tried to post pics but cannot get them to attach. Having looked at the pics I don't think it would be suitable. Sorry for raising your hopes. If I can get to the box of sights I'll see if I have anything else but that might take some time. Best of luck in finding something suitable.
http://www.rifleman.org.uk/PH_Service_sights.htm
Shows a Parker Hale 16E