Nagant + Enfield ......

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
69chris

Nagant + Enfield ......

#1 Post by 69chris »

will be looking for a cheapish Mosin Nagant 91/30 and an Enfield/smle for the mrs once i have made some cabinet space, slots waiting, must be pre 1945 - tatty/projects welcome as they will only be very very occasionally used

cheers all :good:
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Nagant + Enfield ......

#2 Post by snayperskaya »

There was a nice looking 1943-dated Mosin M38 carbine on here for sale earlier this week if that's any use to you.........
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
69chris

#3 Post by 69chris »

snayperskaya wrote:There was a nice looking 1943-dated Mosin M38 carbine on here for sale earlier this week if that's any use to you.........
cheers bud i did see that, didnt want to ask anyone to hold anything until variations were sorted.......you know how it can be sometimes, didnt want the seller holding on for months !!!
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#4 Post by snayperskaya »

69chris wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:There was a nice looking 1943-dated Mosin M38 carbine on here for sale earlier this week if that's any use to you.........
cheers bud i did see that, didnt want to ask anyone to hold anything until variations were sorted.......you know how it can be sometimes, didnt want the seller holding on for months !!!
Meet be worth asking, I don't think he was in a rush to sell....
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
polemass

#5 Post by polemass »

I am toying with idea of mk5 jungle carbine re chambered to 7.62x54R... fingerscrossed
bradaz11
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#6 Post by bradaz11 »

polemass wrote:I am toying with idea of mk5 jungle carbine re chambered to 7.62x54R... fingerscrossed
why?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#7 Post by hitchphil »

snayperskaya wrote:
69chris wrote:
Meet be worth asking, I don't think he was in a rush to sell....
Bought & paid for :run:
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
ArcofZen

#8 Post by ArcofZen »

polemass wrote:I am toying with idea of mk5 jungle carbine re chambered to 7.62x54R... fingerscrossed
You should definitely get a No5 but as has been asked, whats the advantage of having it re-chambered? They are built for .303 which is not particularly pricey ammunition. any????
polemass

#9 Post by polemass »

Why?-simples...ammo unification/costs,only 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R for me...
bnz41
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#10 Post by bnz41 »

polemass wrote:Why?-simples...ammo unification/costs,only 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R for me...
Instead of taking a perfectly good british No5 in .303 and rebarreling it you need something like this....

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/cz-ceska-zbroj ... les/877820