BSA Martini International

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
ovenpaa

BSA Martini International

#1 Post by ovenpaa »

My first experience with a small bore target rifle was a BSA International at around 15/16 years old. I spent many happy hours in a 25 yard attic range above the TA with a MkII and now all these years later I have found myself a MkII with PH sights and I am itching to shoot it.

In the early days we were given a sling and a loop of canvas that went around your upper arm, and I am looking to replicate this layout so does anyone know where I can find such items, ideally something old in keeping with the rifle and myself?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: BSA Martini International

#2 Post by dromia »

I have what you seek if you can contain yourself 'till my return.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
ovenpaa

#3 Post by ovenpaa »

Given our geographical differences I am prepared to accept such tardiness.

Thank you

shakeshout shakeshout shakeshout shakeshout
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#4 Post by 1066 »

Ovenpaa wrote:My first experience with a small bore target rifle was a BSA International at around 15/16 years old. I spent many happy hours in a 25 yard attic range above the TA with a MkII and now all these years later I have found myself a MkII with PH sights and I am itching to shoot it.

In the early days we were given a sling and a loop of canvas that went around your upper arm, and I am looking to replicate this layout so does anyone know where I can find such items, ideally something old in keeping with the rifle and myself?
By this period I think most prone shooter were using a single point sling, just attached at the front of the fore end or actually on the hand stop. Prior to that the two point sling was attached to the hand stop and just in front of the trigger guard.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
ovenpaa

#5 Post by ovenpaa »

It would have been very early 70s and I used a single point sling that attached to a band around my arm which when even on its tightest setting was too big so they told me to wear a thicker jumper next time I came which was fine with me as there was no heating during the colder months.

I just got off the phone from a customer with an Inter MkII that he is using for 100 yards and the original BSA acceptance for such rifles was 3x10 shot 1" groups at 100 yards :)
/d

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

I have a sling that could do with a good home its been hung up in my wardrobe for years. I will post a picture later
Alpha1

#7 Post by Alpha1 »

Not sure its what you are looking for but its been hanging in my wardrobe for years.
001.jpg
sling 001.jpg
sling 002.jpg
Alpha1

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

And more.
sling 003.jpg
sling 004.jpg
sling 005.jpg
Alpha1

#9 Post by Alpha1 »

And more.
sling 006.jpg
sling 007.jpg
005.jpg
ovenpaa

#10 Post by ovenpaa »

That is the sort of thing I used to shoot with :)
/d

Shed Journal