AR15

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

AR15

#1 Post by pe4king »

Well I'm thinking of going full circle again and trying another straight pull AR15, I know Simon I had a perfectly good one but it's gone.
Anyway anything considered there doesn't seem to be an awful lot available with the usual selling sites, so if you have one and are toying with getting rid let me know, I have a vacant slot on my ticket for a .223/5.56 and some cash waiting.
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Sim G

Re: AR15

#2 Post by Sim G »

Oh boy.....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
pe4king

#3 Post by pe4king »

Call me mr circles lol.
I should have a tardis to put me back five years and not let me sell ANYTHING
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
BamBam

#4 Post by BamBam »

What's your budget? There are a few in a local gun shop, but they're not cheap. SGC I think.
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#5 Post by 20series »

Kev

It's probably worth giving Mark Bradley a call, he might know of any kicking about From the CSR side of things.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Hunter87

#6 Post by Hunter87 »

pe4king

#7 Post by pe4king »

Hunter87 wrote:What about Classic cool
http://www.gunstar.co.uk/bfi-ar15-strai ... les/911334
I did see that it is reasonably priced but I think it would limit me optics wise, as I really need all the help I can get these days aaarggh
BamBam

#8 Post by BamBam »

As you're on a budget, buy that A2 and then get your RFD to order this or put a variation in for a spare receiver.

https://www.brownells.co.uk/epages/UK.s ... /100022554

Fitting is pretty straight forward, hand tools on the kitchen table if need be.

Removing the front sight base and then free floating the barrel with a suitable handguard won't cost the earth either.

For not much more there's a billet upper that could be slotted for a side charger by any gunsmith with a mill, I think Valkyrie might be slotting these uppers from the look of their recent builds.
https://www.brownells.co.uk/epages/UK.s ... /100015679

If I had a spare slot, I'd already have bought that £800 A2, would make a great project rifle.

And if you're a leftie.

https://www.brownells.co.uk/epages/UK.s ... /100015448

Once all the butchery is complete strip and cerakote and your rifle won't look any different to the £2K custom rifles out there.
pe4king

#9 Post by pe4king »

What a good idea, that would never of crossed my mind, certainly worth a thought thanks bambam.
pe4king

#10 Post by pe4king »

All sorted, new rifle in about 20 sleeps