7.62x39 5 round magazine info required.

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Alpha1

7.62x39 5 round magazine info required.

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

Any one know of a source of 5 round 7.62x39 magazines. AK type.
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: 7.62x39 5 round magazine info required.

#2 Post by snayperskaya »

If you know someone in the States that's probably your best bet as they aren't common over here.

Rusmilitary have 10 round steel mags in stock, ten round mags are quite short if its the lack of length you are after.The other alternative is take a cheap steel 30 round mag and cut it down to take 5 rounds, easily done if you take your time and measure up.Google "cut down AK mags" and there is plenty of info on how to do it.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
ovenpaa

#3 Post by ovenpaa »

Chopping one to suit would be my choice as well, in fact you could cut the middle section out and Tig the upper and lower back together and get a very neat job.

EDIT - thinking about it you could make the cut high up so it would be hidden within the magazine well area.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
polemass

#4 Post by polemass »

I can get you 1 or 2 next week or you can borrow mine,plastic only.JB
PS.I have some second hand battered 10rds ready to chop,too-metal
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#5 Post by snayperskaya »

Ovenpaa wrote:Chopping one to suit would be my choice as well, in fact you could cut the middle section out and Tig the upper and lower back together and get a very neat job.

EDIT - thinking about it you could make the cut high up so it would be hidden within the magazine well area.
Easiest way is to cut the body and leave enough metal at the base to form the "sticky out bits" (only way I can describe them!) that retain the floorplate.

This will give you an idea......if you go this route please, for the love of God, don't cut down Soviet aluminium "waffle" mags/Bosnian Fleur-de-lis/Izhmash steel "slab-side" AK-47/Yugo BHO mags!!!

http://www.gunco.net/forums/3-ak-47-dis ... 485?page=1
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!