Wanted - Lapua lockbase 170gr bullets

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
jmc67
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley

Wanted - Lapua lockbase 170gr bullets

#1 Post by jmc67 »

If anyone has any Lapua lockbase 170gr bullets tucked away that they no longer need, please PM me.
StanDeasy

Re: Wanted - Lapua lockbase 170gr bullets

#2 Post by StanDeasy »

I have some Lapua D46 170gr. available - virtually the same BC as the lockbase, so should shoot to the same elevation settings.
Meaty

#3 Post by Meaty »

jmc67, how many are you looking for?
I use them but the place I used to get them from in France no longer seems to sell them (their website says they are now a restricted item!!)
I stocked up a few years back but can let you have about 25 if that helps at all.
Spud 1967 has them in stock but bloody hell they have jumped in price since I last brought them.
WelshShooter
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#4 Post by WelshShooter »

If you're looking for quantity, get in touch with Heinz at Ballistic Service. He may have them available or there may be a wait.
http://www.ballisticservice24.eu/lapua-2/

He sells 1,000 170gr Lockbase (B476) at €320,71. Shipping is around €15 - €17 if I recall correctly. For the same quantity it's around £80 cheaper than Spud since you won't get stung for VAT when importing from Europe.
rox

#5 Post by rox »

WelshShooter wrote:For the same quantity it's around £80 cheaper than Spud since you won't get stung for VAT when importing from Europe.
Surely the difference is nothing to do with VAT; the price must include German VAT at 19%.
The difference is purely RBL (Ripoff Britain Levy).

WelshShooter
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#6 Post by WelshShooter »

rox wrote:
WelshShooter wrote:For the same quantity it's around £80 cheaper than Spud since you won't get stung for VAT when importing from Europe.
Surely the difference is nothing to do with VAT; the price must include German VAT at 19%.
The difference is purely RBL (Ripoff Britain Levy).

Whoops, that didn't come out right! I meant to say that you won't pay VAT on top of the cost when importing. Well spotted, thanks!
jmc67
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#7 Post by jmc67 »

Meaty wrote:jmc67, how many are you looking for?
I use them but the place I used to get them from in France no longer seems to sell them (their website says they are now a restricted item!!)
I stocked up a few years back but can let you have about 25 if that helps at all.
Spud 1967 has them in stock but bloody hell they have jumped in price since I last brought them.
Hi Meaty, ideally as many as possible - just looking to boost my reserves and see whether someone had a box of 1000 tucked away they no longer needed ;). Thanks for letting me know, but don't worry about it for 25 though, I still have some left from my first load. It was seeing the current UK price that made me wince a bit....
jmc67
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#8 Post by jmc67 »

WelshShooter wrote:If you're looking for quantity, get in touch with Heinz at Ballistic Service. He may have them available or there may be a wait.
http://www.ballisticservice24.eu/lapua-2/

He sells 1,000 170gr Lockbase (B476) at €320,71. Shipping is around €15 - €17 if I recall correctly. For the same quantity it's around £80 cheaper than Spud since you won't get stung for VAT when importing from Europe.
I bought my last box of 1000 from Heinz. Great to deal with (as long as you are ok with bank transfer only). Just thought I would check closer to home before going back to him for another box.
WelshShooter
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#9 Post by WelshShooter »

No problem jmc; always trying to help a fellow shooter save money in the long run :good: