Obsolete calibre rifles for sale

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Mike95
Home club or Range: Harrowden Rifle Club

Obsolete calibre rifles for sale

#1 Post by Mike95 »

1. Cogswell and Harrison Rook Rifle .300 Rook..side snap action, rebounding hammer, sights to 50/100/150 yards...provenance held, made for Lord Norryes 1893. Excellent condition and bore, period case which needs some attention. can e mail pics, unable to upload. face to face sale £875

2. BSA Cadet Martini .310....mark 2 model with fully adjustable rear sight, excellent condition and bore, good blueing. South Australian markings, about 1909. Can e mail pics, unable to upload. face to face sale. £650.

Mike95
Mike95

Re: Obsolete calibre rifles for sale

#2 Post by Mike95 »

Cadet now sold. Rook rifle reduced to £800.
Winchester 1894, 32-40...obsolete calibre...sn dates to 1896/7..26" round barrel...excellent woodwork, metalwork, action.
Good bore/rifling. Much original finish. E mail for pics. £1800.

Mike95
Mike95

#3 Post by Mike95 »

Another candidate for sale, my Marlin 1893, 32-40 obsolete calibre...1906, "special smokeless steel" model. Been on my FAC for several years, now removed. Good shooter...easily scoped. 26" oct. barrel, good condition. No licence required as collection item.
Face to face sale..£1750.

Unable to post some photos...bit of a mystery..can e mail further pics.
Marlin 1893 001.JPG
Mike95
Sim G

#4 Post by Sim G »

Has it been through the proof house recently?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G

#5 Post by Sim G »

And are there cases and dies?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Sim G

#6 Post by Sim G »

And any chance of the serial number being PMed (last two digits just XX)? Any date marking on the barrel markings?

Mike95

#7 Post by Mike95 »

Will check the sn again but quite sure it is 1906...I have owned it for many years. Will check for proof markings but unlikely since it is USA made and purchased by me as an obsolete calibre antique...later transferred onto my FAC. Removed from my FAC and replaced by an obsolete calibre, antique Winchester..Not being sold as an FAC item. 32/40 cases virtually impossible to find but I make them from 30/30 Winchester cases...another calibre on my FAC. Dies readily available....

Mike95
Mike95

#8 Post by Mike95 »

The William S Brophy book says that all Marlin rifles were proof fired with a high pressure cartridge and proof marks made on the barrel. I will have to remove the forestock to view. Sn 3098xx which is for 1906 according to various online guides.

Mike95