Wanted Mauser M1893/5 rearsight slide

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Laurie

Wanted Mauser M1893/5 rearsight slide

#1 Post by Laurie »

Wanted Mauser '93/95 rear leaf sight slide assembly (slide and press-catch). The Rifle is a DWM contract Chilean M1895, but the part should be the same for the Spanish M1893 and any of '95' models that copied it and were used by the South African republics, South American countries etc. (Not the Swedish M1894/6 models though as the Swedes redesigned the sights.)

My rifle is complete, but unfortunately a bit of rough handling somewhere twixt Chile and Henry Krank has seen the rearsight get a bad 'ding' which has damaged the V-notch and gives a poor sight picture with the leaf in the raised position for 400m and higher settings.

Alternatively, information on any dealer who might have an odd-parts bin full of Mauser rifle bits would help. (I can remember the days when many shops had boxes and boxes of these sorts of items, but I bet most have been long junked to make room.)
ovenpaa

Re: Wanted Mauser M1893/5 rearsight slide

#2 Post by ovenpaa »

Richard Stork at Devizes Gunsmiths will certainly have something in one of his numerous bins and boxes, he is always my first point of contact for anything Mauser related and is a top chap to deal with.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Laurie

Re: Wanted Mauser M1893/5 rearsight slide

#3 Post by Laurie »

Thanks David. I'll give him a call.