SxS Coach Gun?

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
jdwoodbury

SxS Coach Gun?

#1 Post by jdwoodbury »

Anyone know where I could find a coach gun suitable for an FAC slot (will be used for CAS)?
The only one I have seen is this Pedersoli which is a bit pricy at £1355

There seems to be a few makers of coach guns, but all the info I have found is based out of the US.

Regards,

JD helpsign
breacher

Re: SxS Coach Gun?

#2 Post by breacher »

Baikal do a nice cheap 18" side by side hammer gun. I regret selling mine.
Rarms

#3 Post by Rarms »

I think jay851 was selling a couple with 24" barrels. They could be cut down for fac
breacher

#4 Post by breacher »

Rarms wrote:I think jay851 was selling a couple with 24" barrels. They could be cut down for fac
can of worms.
ovenpaa

#5 Post by ovenpaa »

No issues cutting down/converting a SxS to Section 1 other than it will not be the most accurate of things... :p
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#6 Post by meles meles »

breacher wrote:
can of worms.
Tease...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
jay851
Home club or Range: nra bisley

#7 Post by jay851 »

Rarms wrote:I think jay851 was selling a couple with 24" barrels. They could be cut down for fac
Still one available. 28” barrels.
Remington 870 Wingmaster 12G
pietta cattleman mlp .44
Remington 1100 12G
Toz66 sxs hammer gun 12g
Remington 700 Magpul .308
FN2000 .22lr (ongoing project)

Slot for 7.62 × 39 and .303
ovenpaa

#8 Post by ovenpaa »

As a Section 1 shotgun they can be cut to 24" (12"+12") however they look awful like this in my opinion however leaning on the short side of LOP and an 16-18" ish barrel is a great compromise and looks the part as well.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
breacher

#9 Post by breacher »

Ovenpaa wrote:As a Section 1 shotgun they can be cut to 24" (12"+12") however they look awful like this in my opinion however leaning on the short side of LOP and an 16-18" ish barrel is a great compromise and looks the part as well.
What about the bit of the act that says you can only shorten a shotgun to repair a damaged part ?
breacher

#10 Post by breacher »

breacher wrote:
Ovenpaa wrote:As a Section 1 shotgun they can be cut to 24" (12"+12") however they look awful like this in my opinion however leaning on the short side of LOP and an 16-18" ish barrel is a great compromise and looks the part as well.
What about the bit of the act that says you can only shorten a shotgun to repair a damaged part ?
I wanted to convert a sec 2 greener to sec 1 but was told it cannot be done due to.....

Subject to this section, it is an offence to shorten the barrel of a shot gun to a length less than 24 inches.

(2)It is not an offence under subsection (1) above for a registered firearms dealer to shorten the barrel of a shot gun for the sole purpose of replacing a defective part of the barrel so as to produce a barrel not less than 24 inches in length