.308 Target rifle

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Rockhopper

.308 Target rifle

#1 Post by Rockhopper »

Whats out there for under £1k? Needs to be complete and ready to go (with sights etc). I'll be shooting with open sights and sling and out to only 500 yards mostly. I'd prefer a metal stock but I'm not sure if thats achievable given my budget.
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

Re: .308 Target rifle

#2 Post by hitchphil »

metal stock inst achievable under £2k....... but a good target rifle is - Gunstar has a stainless barreled Musgrave for £450 - sights easily fixable. if the barrel is naff then a part worn will only be ~£300, fultons adjustable foresight solves no cheek riser ~£100 & an 18mm iris solves varying target sizes ~£40. The Lyttleton might be good too...........
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
nunhead

Re: .308 Target rifle

#3 Post by nunhead »

Try (Google) "Iron Sights Arms" who often has "first generation 7.62s"

Krish is a gentleman.

If you can't trace him give me a mail on < cgco (at) jimhallam (dot) eu --- I occasionally have deceased estate rifles of that sort --- currently a HART (no.4 action), a Lyttleton (copy of a Musgrave) a Grunig with Krieger SS barrel and a BSA CFT2 with SS barrel.