Wildcat T8 mod parts

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
hobbesy

Wildcat T8 mod parts

#1 Post by hobbesy »

I'm after the following if available please

A .30 cal diffuser & a 14 X 1 bridge section

For a Wildcat T8 moderator

Many thanks
S&W M&P 15-22
Stoeger Sec 1
Adler a110 Sec 1
Winchester 94 .357,
Marlin 45-70
Savage 10 FP-SR .223
AI AE .308
.357 Westlake Alpha

Have slots open for.....
.22 LB pistol
.22LR rifle
Odd Job

Re: Wildcat T8 mod parts

#2 Post by Odd Job »

The diffuser requires a slot on your FAC, so it is unlikely someone will sell just that component. They will be selling the whole moderator.
You can buy the bridge as a standalone item from UK custom shop. Last time I checked a bridge was £60.
phaedra1106

#3 Post by phaedra1106 »

Odd Job wrote:The diffuser requires a slot on your FAC, so it is unlikely someone will sell just that component.
Last time I rang them UK Custom Shop were quite happy to supply a diffuser or any other parts, no FAC slot required, it's just a part of the moderator.

It's something that needs clearer guidance, all my 6.5's use .30 cal moderators, no problem having 3 of them on my FAC (2 for 6.5 1 for .308), some forces just have "rimfire" or "full bore" types of moderators on peoples FACs.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
hobbesy

#4 Post by hobbesy »

I have a slot if needed, I'm trying to change my .223 T8 into a .30cal and get a smaller one for that. If someone have a T8 .30cal with the bridge size I need I'd have it off them
S&W M&P 15-22
Stoeger Sec 1
Adler a110 Sec 1
Winchester 94 .357,
Marlin 45-70
Savage 10 FP-SR .223
AI AE .308
.357 Westlake Alpha

Have slots open for.....
.22 LB pistol
.22LR rifle
Odd Job

#5 Post by Odd Job »

phaedra1106 wrote:
Odd Job wrote:The diffuser requires a slot on your FAC, so it is unlikely someone will sell just that component.
Last time I rang them UK Custom Shop were quite happy to supply a diffuser or any other parts, no FAC slot required, it's just a part of the moderator.

It's something that needs clearer guidance, all my 6.5's use .30 cal moderators, no problem having 3 of them on my FAC (2 for 6.5 1 for .308), some forces just have "rimfire" or "full bore" types of moderators on peoples FACs.
There has to be a major component of a moderator, otherwise I could order the three individual components of a reflex moderator in three separate orders and end up with an off-ticket S1 moderator.

When I spoke to UK Custom shop they advised I could get a longer or shorter reflex tube for my existing .22 moderator, and that would not constitute possession of a second moderator. Likewise I could get another bridge to accommodate my other rifle which has UNF thread whereas the original Predator12 I purchased had UNEF threads.

But the major component, the unit which moderates the report of the shot is the diffuser. And if for example I got a new .22 diffuser to do a new batch of residue testing with, I would have to put that on my FAC.

It does need clarification, but what we don't want is to end up in a situation like they have in the US where any component is deemed to be a suppressor, even one baffle or one end cap!