12g variety shotgun cartridges wanted: same pellet size

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Odd Job

12g variety shotgun cartridges wanted: same pellet size

#1 Post by Odd Job »

I need to get as many different 12g shotgun cartridges as possible, where the pellet size is exactly the same. I am looking for pellets made from different materials, not just lead and steel but if other pellets exist such as copper and bizmuth I want those too.

But the critical requirement is that the pellets are all the same diameter, across all the cartridges.

What size shot should I be looking for, to get the best range of materials? By the way I am looking for three of each cartridge: one for X-raying, one for dismantling and photographing and one for firing on the range.
TomH

Re: 12g variety shotgun cartridges wanted: same pellet size

#2 Post by TomH »

Odd Job wrote:I need to get as many different 12g shotgun cartridges as possible, where the pellet size is exactly the same. I am looking for pellets made from different materials, not just lead and steel but if other pellets exist such as copper and bizmuth I want those too.

But the critical requirement is that the pellets are all the same diameter, across all the cartridges.

What size shot should I be looking for, to get the best range of materials? By the way I am looking for three of each cartridge: one for X-raying, one for dismantling and photographing and one for firing on the range.
Shot size 4 or 5 should give you Lead, Steel, Bizmuth and copper plated.
Odd Job

#3 Post by Odd Job »

Thanks
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#4 Post by Blackstuff »

#5 or #6 should do it and keep the cost down too!
DVC