Caldwell Rock BR Competition Rifle Front Rest SOLD

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Christel
Site Admin

Caldwell Rock BR Competition Rifle Front Rest SOLD

#1 Post by Christel »

I have a Rock for sale, after having used it all of 5 times I have decided it is too heavy for me to carry around. We normally shoot at 800 and then move out to 1000 and then 1200 so by the end of the day I am a very tired girl with all that gear to carry. I just want a very nice bipod that is mounted to my rifle. Not a Harris, more like a ski type one. Know of one?

It is one of these...

http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproductpa ... mid=348661

I bought it from new, up for graps for £140, buyer can collect or with postage it will be an extra tenner.

My other half extended the feet and added F Class pads. He has also modified the front stop point and added new knobs for ease of turning.

PM me for pictures or if you need more info.
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Caldwell Rock BR Competition Rifle Front Rest SOLD

#2 Post by Christel »

Now sold.
Robin128

#3 Post by Robin128 »

What's wrong with a Harris swivel fitted with a podloc?

Rob
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

Not steady enough. I used to have one. Rifle was all over the place. And no it was not my shooting!

:D
ovenpaa

#5 Post by ovenpaa »

They are not very stable. Yes they are great if that is all you use (we have three with podlocks at home) However use something different and you immediately realise how limited they are as stable platform.

We are going to make a couple of bipods suitable for F/TR over the winter period, I have completed the design work and will order the materials in the next couple of days.

Watch this space ;)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Robin128

#6 Post by Robin128 »

Sounds like a patent and £Ms.

;)

Rob
ovenpaa

#7 Post by ovenpaa »

More like build half a dozen, how many people need F/TR bipods and how many people are supplying them? My view is Christel needs one so I may as well make a couple and maybe find someone to test drive one as well. Assuming it works as I have planned it. This is just an engineering exercise for me during the cold months and a reason to use my lathe, the alternatives are grim and could include decorating... :?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
HeatherW762

#8 Post by HeatherW762 »

I started with a Harris bi-pod and quickly realised that I didn't like it. Chris bought me a sinclair bi-pod for Easter and it is fab.

This is where he bought it:

http://www.ospreyrifles.com/accessories.html

and if you scroll to the bottom of this page you will see me with it on my RPA - sorry, didn't mean to swear :)

http://www.targetshooter.co.uk/contributors.htm

Heather
xx
Robin128

#9 Post by Robin128 »

http://www.sinclairintl.com/.aspx/sid=7 ... tin_Black_

...a Brownells Co...

$199.95

:)

Rob
Christel
Site Admin

#10 Post by Christel »

Heather,

I just love and adore that pink rifle!
Funny I did mention wanting a pink rifle on this forum...well you can imagine the response... :lol:

Sinc bipod, not for me. However the bipod Ovenpaa is making for me is very much like that. The ski design has got to be the best design for a bipod.

Now that the Rock has sold it is time to concentrate on the new bipod. Winter project.