Help!! Savage trigger part needed urgently.

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Pete
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Help!! Savage trigger part needed urgently.

#1 Post by Pete »

Savage part.jpg
This is a long shot...........but does anyone know where I can find one of these Accutrigger safety sear blocking thingy's?
I'd settle for a complete Accutrigger if anyone has upgraded.
The importer is about as much use as a nine bob note.................I've had a trigger on order through my local gunshop for months.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
ovenpaa

Re: Help!! Savage trigger part needed urgently.

#2 Post by ovenpaa »

I have a feeling Timney do a conversion for the Accutrigger that does away with this part.

EDIT - Yup, Brownells list this part so 10 days or so delivery from receipt of order assuming it is the correct trigger.

https://www.brownells.co.uk/SAVAGE-ACCU ... -883000072
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Pete
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Help!! Savage trigger part needed urgently.

#3 Post by Pete »

Here's another one: https://riflebasix.com/product/savage-1 ... ger-sav-2/ This is a bit cheaper than the Timney.
I've tried running it without this blade, but the frequency of slam fires when adjusted for a reasonably light pull rules that out.
I want to retain the original trigger which works very well. The blade is just not quite in the correct position for comfort on the ball of the finger, and that's the problem.......none of the triggers currently available have adjustable blades.
Since posting, I've made the part in the photo out of a bit of 1.5mm s/steel sheet, which has proved the viability of what I'm trying to do.
I didn't want to start butchering the original trigger in view of the poor customer service from the importer.
So I'm still up for a complete trigger if anybody has one......

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....