1926 Izhevsk Arsenal ex-Dragoon Mosin Nagant

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

1926 Izhevsk Arsenal ex-Dragoon Mosin Nagant

#1 Post by snayperskaya »

For sale is my 1926-dated Izhevsk Arsenal ex-dragoon.Firstly a link about them....

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinM91D.htm

Converted to M91/30 spec from its original configuration in around 1930 it has matching serial numbers on the barrel shank, bolt (although the cocking piece has Tula Arsenal star and hammer stamps) and butt plate, with the magazine floor plate having an electro-pencilled serial number which would have been done during an Arsenal refurb.It has been Arsenal refurb'd at the 1st GRAU Arsenal at Balakliya located in Ukraine at some point in it's life and the action has ended up in a mid-war stock that retains its shellac finish, the finish isn't perfect but is honest and reflects it's age.

The metalwork is in very good condition for it's 92 years and retains the vast majority of its original finish, I have seen newer Mosins in far worse states.Both barrel bands are Izhevsk Arsenal marked and the rest of the metalwork has plenty of interesting Arsenal stamps and marks and there are also quite a few cartouches on the stock, the meaning of most of which are unknown.Also present is the correct cleaning rod.

The barrel has been counter-bored, which is common on many Mosins that have been through an Arsenal refurb, but the bore is in very nice condition for a 92 year old and is one of the better bores I've seen on a Mosin.She shoots accurately enough with milsurp ammo but shoots very well with handloads using .311" bullets .

All in all it is an honest example of a 92 year old hex receiver Mosin with plenty of history and unmolested apart from the alterations done at refurb. Ex-Dragoon's are getting quite scarce these days and it would make an interesting addition to a collection of Mosins.I am only selling it to free up the funds to purchase of another Mosin.

I am asking £675 which will include the sling and 6 stripper clips, can either do face-to face (with correct Variation for 7.62x54r) or RFD transfer, I will pay for the RFD tranfer from my end.I will take cash on collection, PayPal as a gift or bank transfer.

If anyone would like more detailed photos or info just ask, here's a few pics to be going on with.......

"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
snayperskaya

Re: 1926 Izhevsk Arsenal ex-Dragoon Mosin Nagant

#2 Post by snayperskaya »

Grey Tuesday special.......£600 including RFD transfer, if face-to-face I'll also throw in 50 rounds of Russian 54r ammo (as long as you have it on your cert)

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

snayperskaya

#3 Post by snayperskaya »

Damp Thursday bump

snayperskaya

#4 Post by snayperskaya »

Friday bump......

snayperskaya

#5 Post by snayperskaya »

I will let it go for £540 plus cost of RFD tranfer or face-to-face, I won't drop it any lower as it is a fair price for a nice hex receiver Mosin.

snayperskaya

#6 Post by snayperskaya »

No longer available, thanks for looking ussrflag