SEB rear shooting bag wanted

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Harrytucker

SEB rear shooting bag wanted

#1 Post by Harrytucker »

HI

I am looking for a Seb rear rest shooting bag if anyone is looking to sell one.
ovenpaa

Re: SEB rear shooting bag wanted

#2 Post by ovenpaa »

I still have my Seb Big foot (The long version) It is full to the brim with heavy sand however paying fro shipping is probably not any more expensive than buying a load of Chromite or Zircon or whatever your choice is. If it is of interest I will check the postage price and think of a price :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Harrytucker

#3 Post by Harrytucker »

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. The bag is to be used lying down in a prone position so do you think the Seb big foot would work ok? Please let me know what you would like for it anyway?
Thanks
ovenpaa

#4 Post by ovenpaa »

The Seb is designed for prone as well as bench use and it is really down to the height of the front rest/bipod and how high you shoot off the ground. My preference is to shoot as low as possible which is why other than two competitions it has never been used.

I will weigh it this morning.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Harrytucker

#5 Post by Harrytucker »

Hi,
I use an Atlas bipod. I know it’s not a benchrest set up however I shoot a custom built rifle for precision shooting prone and feel a good rear rest would be helpful in getting those little groups :).
Do you think it will work ok? Anyway a price would be great and I appreciate your help.

Many thanks
Harry

I am new to this site however I always see you on here. What sort of shooting do you do and where are you based?
ovenpaa

#6 Post by ovenpaa »

What is the rifle?

I am in the Lincolnshire Wolds and yes, I am here quite often as my wife Christel is one of the admin team.

I was an F Open shooter and my preference has always been anything over 1000 yards target wise. These days I tend to prefer shooting older rifles at any distance as they can be very challenging however I still shoot new stuff, either my own or testing of customer rifles. I also shoot overland with a variety of rifles and my current rabbit rifle is a 6,5x47 chambered Accuracy International :)
/d

Shed Journal
ovenpaa

#7 Post by ovenpaa »

Here you go dust and all, downside is it weighs around 6.5kgs filled so pricey to ship. I can empty it out however that means you lose twenty quids plus worth of heavy sand. I will have a think about a price if it is of interest.
Seb Bag.jpeg
/d

Shed Journal
Harrytucker

#8 Post by Harrytucker »

Ok perfect.
Where about are you based?
I look forward to hearing from you with a price.
Cheers

Harry
Harrytucker

#9 Post by Harrytucker »

Sorry, I missed your previous message.

Sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to shooting. The rifle the bag is for is a .260rem. It is a rifle Mik built at dolphine guns and the stock is a accuracy international AICS. Will the bag fit the rifle butt ok?
I am based just outside of Bath however I also shoot on private land. I would love to join a club of some sort so I can shoot 1000 yards +
Harrytucker

#10 Post by Harrytucker »

Also, sorry for all of the questions however you mentioned that you test customers rifles? What do you do? I hope you don’t mind me asking.
Thanks again
Harry