.22LR Prone Target Rifle - Aluminium Stock

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

.22LR Prone Target Rifle - Aluminium Stock

#1 Post by Pippin89 »

Hi All

I have seen a few rifles comes and go while waiting for my FAC.... And there seem to be very few of these about so I thought I would stick up a wanted post and see what people have.

I am after a .22LR Prone target rifle. Preferably with an aluminium stock. Something like an Anschutz 2013 or Walther KK300/500. Must come with sights, handstop etc...

Budget is in the region of £2k. I can go a little higher if necessary but as I have 3 other guns to buy I would rather stick to £2k!
Mattnall
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

Re: .22LR Prone Target Rifle - Aluminium Stock

#2 Post by Mattnall »

Oo!
I had one arrive last week. It hasn't been used for a while and sat in the club armoury for about a year.
It's a Walther Target in great condition but a wooden stock with all the bits to shoot prone or 3P and nice sights. Well within your stated budget leaving more for jacket, gloves, ammo or whatever else you want.
I'll get some pics later.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Pippin89

#3 Post by Pippin89 »

Mattnall wrote:Oo!
I had one arrive last week. It hasn't been used for a while and sat in the club armoury for about a year.
It's a Walther Target in great condition but a wooden stock with all the bits to shoot prone or 3P and nice sights. Well within your stated budget leaving more for jacket, gloves, ammo or whatever else you want.
I'll get some pics later.
Thank you. I would be interested in seeing some pictures but I really looking for an Ally stock one. Worth a look though.... I already have all the other kit. I have been slowly buying bits and pieces while doing my probationary membership at the club.
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#4 Post by hitchphil »

https://forum.stirton.com/index.php?/to ... ew-owners/

Long shot on this forum - more chance on that forum but tbh i would get a good 1813 / 1913 supermatch wooden gun first as you get 90% the adjustability for prone for 50% the price tag.

Beware the older 2213 metal stocks are crap. Despite being 'german engineering' the cast alloy is absolute rubbish full of porosity, inclusions, is weak & is a very poor design in places for crossection - hence why many break at the butt / cheek. They can be welded but not well. The Precise is much better - machined from forged alloy but with a stupid price tag. imho the Nibbs Gemeni is just way better.
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
Les
Home club or Range: WRPC

#5 Post by Les »

I had 2 Anschutz 1613's, one in a 1913 wooden stock and one in a 2213 alloy stock. I sold the 1913 .... it should have been the other one! 8-)

I've now substituted the £280 '4765' butt assembly on the 2213 for a £18 Bisley one, and the rifle is now much more comfortable - but still heavier and more awkward than the 1913 wooden one. ;)
Mattnall
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

#6 Post by Mattnall »

I hope these help and aren't too big.

Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Pippin89

#7 Post by Pippin89 »

hitchphil wrote:https://forum.stirton.com/index.php?/to ... ew-owners/

Long shot on this forum - more chance on that forum but tbh i would get a good 1813 / 1913 supermatch wooden gun first as you get 90% the adjustability for prone for 50% the price tag.

Beware the older 2213 metal stocks are crap. Despite being 'german engineering' the cast alloy is absolute rubbish full of porosity, inclusions, is weak & is a very poor design in places for crossection - hence why many break at the butt / cheek. They can be welded but not well. The Precise is much better - machined from forged alloy but with a stupid price tag. imho the Nibbs Gemeni is just way better.
Thank you for the link. I will have a try. The 1913 in the MEC stock sounds interesting. My original plan was to get a wooden stock one to begin with but when the FEO visited she told me that when you sell a rifle the slot doesnt automatically open back up on your FAC. I honestly didnt realise that. So to save the hassle of getting a variation somewhere down the link I decided to get something that I'm going to be happy with for the foreseeable future!
Pippin89

#8 Post by Pippin89 »

Mattnall wrote:I hope these help and aren't too big]
Thanks Mattnall. That is a great looking thing and definitely throws a spanner in the works. PM me a price and I will consider my options! Also where abouts are you??
jimbo303

#9 Post by jimbo303 »

I obtained a trusty Match 54 some 15 years ago when I returned to smallbore shooting. It served me well and had a heavy thumbhole stock. Year of manufacture was 1973.

Decided to upgrade after 5 years and purchased an Anshcutz Precise Aluminium Stock from Ryan at Intershoot. During discussions I was mulling over a complete new barrel and action. He asked how my shooting was going and what I was averaging and suggested I just get a new Stock and drop in the old action which I did. Works a treat and saved me a considerable amount of unnecessary expense. Worth considering as Ryan is always keen to help.

Get an Anschutz or similar - put it through its paces, and yousrself too more iportantly !!, and then maybe look at ugrading the Stock.

Just my thoughts from personal experience.

And the old Stock - gave it to a fellow Club Member who cleaned up the wordwork dropped in his action and he has since improved his shooting as the Stock whcih was not that adjustable fits him perfectly.

J
Pippin89

#10 Post by Pippin89 »

Thank you all. In the end I treated my self to a brand new Walther KK300 Blacktec Plus. It was a wee bit over budget but a brand new rifle that does everything I want it to. Can't be wrong can it??