Bradley Arms BAR15 complete CSR SO rig

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Maggot

Bradley Arms BAR15 complete CSR SO rig

#1 Post by Maggot »

I am selling up and getting out of shooting so my dear old BAR15 is up for sale.

It has a trigger tech adjustable trigger (feels lighter because of the way they operate), probably one of the best triggers I have used and I have one on all of my ARs and a spare.

Gen 1 UBR stock,

18" barrel (pretty sure its anschutz, twist suits 77 grainers and chambers pretty well any 5.56/.233).

Has about 5000 through its current (second) barrel but is bedded nicely so it cycles beautifully. Had new bolt fitted with last barrel.

Aim drag bag,

9 or so 30rd P mags with ranger plates

2x10 rd mags and a few metal ones.

Samson/Bradley arms hand guard

spangly doofer brake,

ambi safety,

maggo sling, (good copy of a 511 sling crossed with a loop sling)

a few hundred rounds ready to go.

Topped with an early but fully serviceable Elcan Spectre DR scope. The optics on these scopes are superb and are sublime compared with the toilet roll effect of shooting most of the usual offerings. I have consistently hit targets out to 600m sitting using the ballistic ret (with issue SS109) but generally dial for CSR distances. Easy to spot fall of shot.

£2000. Consider the cost of an Elcan new and you will realise what a good deal this is. If you don't want the Elcan, sell it on and buy a lesser scope with the proceeds :good:

Would suit a beginner in CSR.
A much loved rifle....but it's time to move on
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Re: Bradley Arms BAR15 complete CSR SO rig

#2 Post by shugie »

Can't go wrong with a Bradley spangly doofer.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Dellboy
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#3 Post by Dellboy »

Any pics ? and where are you please
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Maggot

#4 Post by Maggot »

Dellboy wrote:Any pics ? and where are you please
New forest and drop me an email for pics, but to be honest Del it looks like a BAR15 with an Elcan on it.
Maggot

#5 Post by Maggot »

Update

My BAR15 is up for sale as I am packing in shooting.

Spec is as follows. Mark built the rifle for me back in April 2015 specifically for SO/CSR

TRIGGER TECH AR TRIGGER

I had one of these in all of my ARs. They are by far and away better than standard triggers in many ways. Using a roller system means that they feel several pounds lighter than a conventional trigger. They are a precision drop in unit that is fully (and easily) adjustable and highly unlikely to break.

GEN 1 UBR STOCK

No longer available and believe by many to be the better of the adjustable AR stocks. Cost circa £300

ACTION

18" barrel (Walther Lothar, Re barrelled by Mark and the twist suits 77 grainers and chambers pretty well any 5.56/.233).

Has precisely 4776 moderate hand loads through the above. The action is bedded and polished nicely so it cycles beautifully.

Overall black finish and well cared for.

AIM DRAG BAG

Supplied with an Aim drag bag, more than enough room to carry all the crap CSR shooters think they need and protection enough for the thing that really matters. This rifle.

MAGS

9x 30rd Pmags fitted with Ranger plates

2x 20 round mags (not fitted with ranger plates obviously) for gaypod use (should you fancy insulting the pedigree of this fine rifle)

1x 30rd P Mag sans plate and spring with ranger plate fitted.....If you have to ask what this is for.... Go buy a TR

So the buyer should have no excuse for not having enough mags

SAMSON/BRADLEY ARMS hand guard

One of Marks originals with the full length upper rail. Very solid, fitted with stainless QD socket that will not wear out

BRAKE

Marks original spangly doofer brake. Probably the most efficient/anti-social brake out there. The TR lot hate them

AMBI SAFETY

Makes it easier for the safety bod to see your safety state

CUFF SLING

My copy of the TIS sling that allows over the shoulder use (Adjustable) or cuffed like a TR sling. Uses Unique Alpine connector that will not fail.

ELCAN SPECTRE 1-4 DR SCOPE

The rifle is fitted with the above. The optics are (in my opinion, I work with optics) some of the best out there and the comments have always been "god that glass is good". The ret is a ballistic one that works perfectly with SS109 ammo (Roy Wade will remember the shoot on SPTA out to 600m where we both embarrassed the 50cal lot sitting with our pea shooters).

Otherwise elevation is via an external jack that is positive and tracks perfectly. This rifle has never lost its zero.....My head position may have changed slightly but even then is was a click or so, or load changes meant a re-zero. The elevation is not designed to be used this way, however that CAF use this method and it works extremely well. I may have shot cross lane, but my elevation has never been off.

Some may consider that lack of easily adjustable windage to be a problem, but having shot F Class regularly at Bisley, we used to aim off, and given that a rifle with wind left on during a wind change is no longer zeroed, the "point of aim/aiming off and miss drills" method more than works. The field of view with this scope is huge because it is designed as a CQB scope that switches between 1 or 4 times. At normal CSR ranges this means that you will be able to see your splash.

It is a solid, precision scope that although not the latest generation, would be eye watering to purchase new. Even cheap second hand units are fetching circa 1K. Illuminated.

EXTRAS

A few hundred rounds of hand loaded ammo, comprehensive cleaning gear, rod, brushes, bottle of boretech, Shooting Shed rod guide and any other bits I have available. For a bit extra I may well include a spare trigger unit I have for it.

Price re-set at the original asking price (I raised it after a well meaning comment that I was going too low)

£1700.
proteus
Home club or Range: Bisley

#6 Post by proteus »

Hi Maggot, I'll need to put in a variation - would you be willing to wait? Happy to give a deposit
Maggot

#7 Post by Maggot »

Sold to Proteus pending the usual.