Marlin 1894 .25-20

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Sim G

Marlin 1894 .25-20

#1 Post by Sim G »

This Marlin features a 24 1/2" octagonal barrel, chambered in .25-20. A great little cartridge which is basically a .32-20 necked down to "quarter bore". Dies, cases, shop bought bullets, moulds and even factory ammo are available. I've owned this rifle for about 10 years.

This rifle carries a serial number which dates it at 1947. However, Marlin did not manufacture the 1894 after World War 1, even though it featured in price lists, it was not a catalog item and was only available in 24.5" round or octagonal barrels, in one of four chamberings. The rifles, known as "tail end" 1894s were assembled from parts left over from major manufacture at the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th Century. Marlin Firearms Corporation went bankrupt in 1924 and the rise of the Marlin Firearms Company did not continue the Tail End guns.

At the end out World War Two, in 1946 and 47, the assembly Tail End guns began again for these two years only, presumably just to use these parts up. This rifle wears a 1947 "D" prefix to the serial number from the 336/39 serial ranges. It wasn't until 1969 that Marlin began the manufacture of the 1894 again, in modern pistol calibers as opposed to original "rifle" chamberings.

This is in pretty good condition for a gun whose parts are possibly pre 1917. Shoots nicely and had the firing pin replaced with a new one about five years ago.

A far, far better rifle than those Remington made guns bearing the Marlin name today....

This is going on GT in a weeks time or so for 895. So I thought I'd offer it to the forum first for £800.

I've got some pics if anyone wants them emailing or if someone can host them for me as imageshack is just being a cow...

Cheers.

Simon.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Alpha1

Re: Marlin 1894 .25-20

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

If you have a computer or laptop you don't need a hosting site. Email them to me and I will post them for you.
Sim G

#3 Post by Sim G »

No, I use a tablet or phone. PM me an email address. I appreciate it.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
bradaz11
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#4 Post by bradaz11 »

What I've started doing is taking a pic on my phone, then looking at it on my phone and screen shot it. Then upload that to this site.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns