Parker Hale PH5A for Enfield No1 MK3

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
mikygpu

Parker Hale PH5A for Enfield No1 MK3

#1 Post by mikygpu »

Another restoration project, this time an Enfield N1 Mark3 but located in France.
My Armourer dealer in France has asked me to find him a Parker Hale PH5A for Enfield No1 MK3.
He said this: dioptre PARKER HALE PH5A, si possible avec œilleton réglable à 6 positions pour ENFIELD N1 MARK3.

I found one at £245. Is it really that expensive?
AL8

Re: Parker Hale PH5A for Enfield No1 MK3

#2 Post by AL8 »

I don't know about really expensive, but I would say that's top end.
But the price is what someone is prepared to pay for something, and sometimes people have very little choice
Mauserbill
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Range

#3 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
I have been looking for some time to find a decent and reasonably priced Parker hale 5a aperture sight for my No1 Mk3 Enfield
I was absolutely flabbergasted to see on eBay a not so special example just go for the astounding price of £380.00 this did not even include postage , oh to turn back the clock when you could buy these at shows and fairs for a fraction of that cost.
johnson3392

#4 Post by johnson3392 »

I was bidding for one on Ebay a few days ago. It looked in great condition. I gave up at £250 and it eventually sold for £300 without mounting screws.
ovenpaa

#5 Post by ovenpaa »

ALL 'Period' rifle sights see, or at least are advertised at premium prices. Target and turn of the century military rifles are a fine example and people routinely buy rifles such as the Mk2 or Mk3 International and promptly put items such as the sights and stocks on auctions sites. The guns are effectively worth more in bits than a a working item. I had a Vickers come in recently and the owner was insistent that the sights alone were worth GBP270.00 alone. Such prices mean it is extremely difficult for a normal person to own, shoot and enjoy such a gun.

I have a Ross here right now missing the rear sight, I have seen the sight alone advertised for between GBP500-600. I guess it will probably never be shot again as intended :(
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
mikygpu

#6 Post by mikygpu »

And the Armourer in France has came back with: “I Was hoping for a cheaper PH5A if possible.“
Not sure how much cheaper I can find him for, if all I could see was at £200+.
But if he wants to restore the Enfield, that’s what he will have to pay.
Sim G

#7 Post by Sim G »

I know of one that is vgc and boxed... but as you said, now very expensive given their rarity and desirability. This one is £275.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Alpha1

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

The original poster is no longer a member of the forum.
Sim G

#9 Post by Sim G »

He lasted well!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#10 Post by Dark Skies »

I think I paid about £175 for my Fulton Regulated No.4 - it came with a PH fore sight and a PH5C on the back. They had two set up as such on sale at Dunmore back in the day. The rear sight typically sells for £250 now. I don't know what a really nice LE No4 fetches at the moment but the sights alone have basically given me a free rifle now. I wish I'd had them both.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."