CZ527 Varmint .223

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Sim G

CZ527 Varmint .223

#1 Post by Sim G »

Got a CZ527 Varmint in .223 for sale. The barrel has been chopped from 24 to 20 inches. The barrel is a 1 in 9” twist. The laminated stock is fitted with a kydex adjustable cheek piece. Also fitted is a Britannia scope rail and a Glades Armoury extended bolt handle.

The scope that’s fitted in the picture is not included. However, I have fitted a Burris Droptine 3-9x50 that is included.

This is not a mint example. It has some rubbing and handling marks. The whole package for a very reasonable £450…

[url=https://postimg.cc/ph6nZYDY]Image
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: CZ527 Varmint .223

#2 Post by 20series »

Hi Simon

How does it shoot?
Alan
Ps before you take the mick, I know you load a round, pull the trigger and a bullet comes out the end.... lol
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#3 Post by 1066 »

I don't know about this particular rifle but my 527 .223 Varmint with a 1:9 barrel shoots very well out to 600 yds.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Sim G

#4 Post by Sim G »

20series wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:04 pm Hi Simon

How does it shoot?
Alan
Ps before you take the mick, I know you load a round, pull the trigger and a bullet comes out the end.... lol
lol lol

It shoots very well, Alan. I use two loads with it, one with a 55gn VMax and H335 and the other a 69gn SMK with N140. It has a set trigger and puts them where you want them.

It hasn’t seen much range work as it was field gun. Hence the cheek piece for NV and the good, but worn finish in parts.

The rail and the extended bolt handle were nearly 200 quid after import duties and such. I’ve got the original bolt handle as well and even a pair of steel CZ rings with a buggered screw or two that will come with it…
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

J4mes
Home club or Range: Classified

#5 Post by J4mes »

Whereabouts are you please?
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#6 Post by 20series »

Sim G wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:14 am
20series wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:04 pm Hi Simon

How does it shoot?
Alan
lol lol

It shoots very well, Alan. I use two loads with it, one with a 55gn VMax and H335 and the other a 69gn SMK with N140. It has a set trigger and puts them where you want them.

It hasn’t seen much range work as it was field gun. Hence the cheek piece for NV and the good, but worn finish in parts.

The rail and the extended bolt handle were nearly 200 quid after import duties and such. I’ve got the original bolt handle as well and even a pair of steel CZ rings with a buggered screw or two that will come with it…
Ok mate looking to rrplace the Mossberg MVP I bought Debs a few years ago but think were going for a Tikka (or that's what Im told lol )
Good luck with the sale
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Sim G

#7 Post by Sim G »

J4mes wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:10 pm Whereabouts are you please?

East Kent.

Sim G

#8 Post by Sim G »

A little cheeky bump!

Come on fellas! Loads of enquiries, who is going to get in there first?!

Sim G

#9 Post by Sim G »

Here’s a picture with the Burris fitted.

Price drop to £375.

Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#10 Post by Sandgroper »

PM sent!
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.