Chiappa MFOUR-22

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Ginger

Re: Chiappa MFOUR-22

#11 Post by Ginger »

20240719_222040.jpg20240719_222051.jpg
I still.have my Bradley arms,will never let that go.....amazing gun...although its in 300 blackout,a guy did take over from mark,but I'm unsure of what they are like now...bought my spikes in 2010 as well and I obviously bought a lemon cas it was absolute rubbish,from nwcp....two guys at our club turned up with chiappas,both ceased to own them shortly after...but again they might just hev been impatient or unlucky.
[/quote]

I think you were unlucky with your Spikes, mine have never missed a beat, only thing it will not fire is sub sonic HP, standard sub sonic target ammo and HV is fine. The early ones have an unique firing pin, I have had one break, but I have 3 spares. I think I recall a couple of pups, I am not sure if Wayne built them or they came in ready built from ST in florida
JammyGuns

Re: Chiappa MFOUR-22

#12 Post by JammyGuns »

For sub £1000 (ideally no more than £600) I would grab the 15/22 and accept it for it is. They have a mostly fantastic reputation for a reason. The one in our club has some added bits and bobs and as such a decent heft to it too, it runs like a dream for the most part. Approaching or over a grand I would go with (and did) something like a cmmg etc. The Tippman's are too much money imo and aren't even fully milspec... They use their own proprietary magazines etc and of course there's no chance of throwing a different upper on later. It's just an added pain down the road imo.