Colt .22 M4 Ops Carbine or .22 GSG5?

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Lyons

Colt .22 M4 Ops Carbine or .22 GSG5?

#1 Post by Lyons »

Anyone know of any going? or does anyone have any feedback on experiences using these?

Thanks
Scott
Sim G

Re: Colt .22 M4 Ops Carbine or .22 GSG5?

#2 Post by Sim G »

I've got a GSG. Feedback wise, it's not a tackdriver but will give you 3 to 4 inch groups at 25m as fast as you can pull the trigger. Stick with HV ammo, as stipulated, even though it's generally not condusive to accuracy, an it'll go bang and recycle every time.

Loads of "Gucci add on's" for it....... mine's not for sale!!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#3 Post by 20series »

I had the basic Colt carbine it was good fun but i never really got the right ammo for it. However the guy i sold it too is sticking mimimags through it without many issues

the biggest gripes i had was the trigger is god awful heavy but cant be adjusted and it was a pain to clean.

If you search "gpzalan" on you tube theres a vid of me shooting mine.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#4 Post by Mike357 »

If you are gonna go down the MP5 route, get an H&K model and not a GSG. If you want a AR clone at the lower end then the S&W is the best of the bunch I believe.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Convict_keeper

#5 Post by Convict_keeper »

Mike357 wrote:If you are gonna go down the MP5 route, get an H&K model and not a GSG. If you want a AR clone at the lower end then the S&W is the best of the bunch I believe.

I can certainly vouch for the S&W M&P 15-22, picked one up a couple of months ago and its a lead eater. Havnt shot it for scoring as yet.....Its just way to much fun. It will plough through whatever rounds you put into it and with the exception of me stuffing up the loading of the mag when I first got it I have never had a stoppage with it.

A darn sexy rifle to boot

Ohh yeah sorry it aint for sale either sign01

CK
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#6 Post by 20series »

Mike357 wrote:If you are gonna go down the MP5 route, get an H&K model and not a GSG. If you want a AR clone at the lower end then the S&W is the best of the bunch I believe.
+1 on that Mike, I bought mine on a spur of the moment thing because it was cheap I think it had been mis-priced.

If I felt the need to buy another .22 semi I would concur it's worth spending a litle more money for the HK or even the S&W
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Dangermouse

#7 Post by Dangermouse »

There is a SGC V22 on GT this afternoon for £575. I believe I am correct in saying that you can use the lower form that with a .223 upper should you decide to get one in the future.
http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSale/111228151644996
The H&K is not made by H&K, I believe it is another Umarex offering. My friend handled one and he believes that of all the AR Clones it felt the best in the hand, but when he opened it up he took a dislike to it. He now has a SIG which he loves. He also has a GSG5 which he can not keep working due to breakages,

DM
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#8 Post by Mike357 »

Cheers DM, I've just text Lyons and told him to get his finger oot as that is a good deal!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#9 Post by the running man »

Gsg 5,sim g is the only person i know of that can get his to work ok,every other one ive seen jams like a robinsons factory................i can also comment that people do use both the gsg and the ar clones on the gr circut, but i will add that nobody does very well with them to my knowledge, certainly no one is in the national teams with one that ive seen......i mainly see them on advancing target....accuracy and reliability lets them down every time........
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Lyons

#10 Post by Lyons »

Looks like GSG is a no no lol. I've emailed the guy about the v22. Will let you know, thanks guys