Stainless Steel Rod

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Sim G

Stainless Steel Rod

#1 Post by Sim G »

Hi,

Looking for some stainless steel rod around 9 inches long and about 4mm thick. Objective is to get rid of the "wrist brace" on a Taurus LBR and replace it with something a little more simple.......

Cheers,

Simon.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
ovenpaa

Re: Stainless Steel Rod

#2 Post by ovenpaa »

I have just ordered some 3/16" (4.75mm) stainless steel for a job so if you can hang on until the end of the week I can post you some out, along with a couple of grubscrews..... :oops:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sim G

#3 Post by Sim G »

David, you're a top bloke!! I really appreciate it. PM me with how much you want for it. Thanks again.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

ovenpaa

#4 Post by ovenpaa »

No worries, however you need to remind me of where to send it please. Do you need anything doing to the ends, face and chamfer, or threaded or tapped or as it comes after I have attacked it with a hacksaw?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dave 101

#5 Post by Dave 101 »

A question guys I thought the arm brace could only be factory fitted and none removaqble to the frame to be legal .

Dave
Sim G

#6 Post by Sim G »

Has to be factory fitted to be UK legal and as you say, permanently attached. However, it can be replaced by stripping the gun down completely so it is "dismantled", remove the brace which is drilled and pinned into the frame, fit new rod and again, permanently attach, reassemble revolver and hey presto!

The grub scews David is refering to are for a cleaning rod he made for me........ is that where perhaps you got the impression that the replacement rod would not be permanantly attached?

Dave 101

#7 Post by Dave 101 »

Thanks for clarifying that for me Sim

Dave
Meaty

#8 Post by Meaty »

I have a piece of 1/4" diameter 316 grade stainless rod here that is looking for a project. It is a shade over 28" long and straight! If it is of use to anyone give me a shout. Free to a good home.
ovenpaa

#9 Post by ovenpaa »

Oh yes please if nobody else is interested. I have lots of projects :oops:

I tell friends and neighbours to keep an eye out for any pieces of aluminium and stainless and even mild steel as I can always find a use for them no matter how small.
/d

Shed Journal
Meaty

#10 Post by Meaty »

Dave,
I am afraid that due to illness in the family-so far I am the only one in the house that doesnt have an a##e like a Japanese flag, I wont be able to make Barton Road on Sat ****
I will get the rod posted to you if you pm me your address.