223 Brass

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
EagerNoSkill

223 Brass

#1 Post by EagerNoSkill »

Looking for 223 brass

Reload able

Any brand

Fair price

Will pay or buy you things from the new Toolshed :0037: :0037:
:wave: :clap:
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: 223 Brass

#2 Post by kennyc »

don't know if it helps any, but the GGG from the range office at Bisley is Boxer primed and available in 55 and 62 grns I believe, looks like good brass, I'm saving mine for when it becomes cost effective to reload it, but at the moment I can't beat the Wolf stuff for plinking, and the GGG is not much more than reloading.
EagerNoSkill

#3 Post by EagerNoSkill »

Thanks Kenny will look at that :good:
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#4 Post by TattooedGun »

I just bought another 100 .223 Lapua Match brass from guntrader - £50 brand new - beats the £68.90 I paid on the first 100!

This doesnt help you too much I know, but just sayin' - it is out there :p

haha
M99

#5 Post by M99 »

I just bought 300 good quality rounds - enjoyed shooting them and now have the brass to reload - I'll do the same when I need more brass!!

Mike
TattooedGun

#6 Post by TattooedGun »

What rounds do you get that you can reload MisLisCer?
M99

#7 Post by M99 »

After reading this http://www.6mmbr.com/223rem.html

I went to my local RFD and bought some of his better rounds (Expanding and FMJ) and shot them - reloading them, with just neck sizing and I am getting 1/4 - MOA groups at 100 yards with both Remmington and Winchester brass - I get no better performance from my Lapua brass - so won't be buying that again - no need for what I shoot.

I am only neck resizing as when I full length resize my groups are growing to around 1/2 MOA.

Mike
TattooedGun

#8 Post by TattooedGun »

MiLisCer wrote:After reading this http://www.6mmbr.com/223rem.html

I went to my local RFD and bought some of his better rounds (Expanding and FMJ) and shot them - reloading them, with just neck sizing and I am getting 1/4 - MOA groups at 100 yards with both Remmington and Winchester brass - I get no better performance from my Lapua brass - so won't be buying that again - no need for what I shoot.

I am only neck resizing as when I full length resize my groups are growing to around 1/2 MOA.

Mike
Thats interesting to hear!

May have to take that on board, I'd heard it made a difference before, but not specifically that much difference!
ovenpaa

#9 Post by ovenpaa »

I came away with a pocketful of AMA 5,56x45 last time in DK (A present from a weapons instructor) So I stuck a few on the scales and measured them for length and neck thickness. The brass is of a good quality, seems very consistent and is boxer primed. They scrap it after one shot...

If a rifle can hold a repeatable half MOA or better at 100 yards move on and concentrate on something else because your brass is OK :lol:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Flanker

#10 Post by Flanker »

I've got several hundred cases; Norinco 223 - I'll send you a couple of hundred for the price of the postage if you like.