Wanted: 10x scope w/ target turrets

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Dr. Strangelove

Wanted: 10x scope w/ target turrets

#1 Post by Dr. Strangelove »

Hey all,

I'm just getting into long range shooting and so don't need an all singing and dancing scope, just something that'll do the job and let me improve my shooting to justify a more expensive scope later on down the line.

Therefore, my criteria are: 10x magnification (3-12 will also be considered), target turrets (MOA or MRAD doesn't bother me - this is my first long range scope so I'll get used to whatever!), 30mm tube (much preferred as I already have 30mm rings!).

My budget is strictly limited at £500 but I'd obviously like some beer tokens left over!

Alternatively, I may just opt for this - http://www.sportsman...ite+3200+10x40/ - has anyone experienced it?

Thanks all,

Dr. S
M99

Re: Wanted: 10x scope w/ target turrets

#2 Post by M99 »

Your link does not work - seems lots of folk rave about the "Fox" scopes - they always get a good review and you will have LOTS of beer tokens left over.

Mike
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#3 Post by 20series »

MiLisCer wrote:Your link does not work - seems lots of folk rave about the "Fox" scopes - they always get a good review and you will have LOTS of beer tokens left over.

Mike
+1 on the scopes from Brian :good:

excellent value for money
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Dr. Strangelove

#4 Post by Dr. Strangelove »

Oops, here it is - http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/pro ... 200+10x40/

Yeah, I have seen them but can't see a price list online. Has anyone got one?
bnz41
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#5 Post by bnz41 »

Hi,

I have one of the Hakko 10x50 mil dot scopes that Brian sells, not sure how much they are now as it's a while since buying mine, but fantastic scope...
Dr. Strangelove

#6 Post by Dr. Strangelove »

I've just sent some beer tokens to Falcon optics for one of their 10x42 jobbies, thanks for all the input guys!
Hauptman

#7 Post by Hauptman »

If it's anything like their 4-14 x 44 FFP, you won't be disappointed.................great glass, great value for money, and built like a tank.
Can you do a "review" of the 10x42 when you get it? I'm thinking about one for a tactical rifle.

Hauptman
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#8 Post by TattooedGun »

I have a bushnell elite, and it was the best I saw in the shop for around the price mark (it was supposed to be about £750 iirc but i got a deal when I bought the rifle rings bipod and loading gear)... Its a very nice scope although i've only been out with it twice... seems to do the job well :)

Just for information by the way, I'm not offering it for sale, just a recommendation :p
saddler

#9 Post by saddler »

I've got a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 mil-dot on one of my Rem 700's

Great scope = buy one!