7mm F Open rifle for sale

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
ovenpaa

7mm F Open rifle for sale

#1 Post by ovenpaa »

For sale to partly fund a new machine tool, my F open rifle chambered in a tight neck 7mm SAUM Wildcat, under 500 rounds through the barrel, it is fitted with a Barnard non ejector single shot action and TrueFlight barrel threaded for a muzzle brake. The stock is a Parmoor built Icewood stock and is one of a very small handful in the world made of this wood. The action is fully bedded and was built and chambered by Stuart at Osprey rifles.

Accuracy wise it is good and has shot 30mm ish groups at 650 yards with 180 Hybrids and did well for me at last years Phoenix. I have put maybe 30 rounds through it since. Total logged round count is 381 The rifle is for sale at GBP1750

This is for the rifle and brake only, the successful buyer will have first refusal on

Approx 600 Berger bullets
200+ Norma cases neck sized, annealed and ready to go, 100 of them have not been shot.
Custom Forster dies and bushes
42X BR Nightforce 'scope and rings
Farley Co-Ax II front rest with F Class feet
Full load data
7mm1.jpg
I can post some more pictures upon request.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
ovenpaa

Re: 7mm F Open rifle for sale

#2 Post by ovenpaa »

Just found this, shot at 604m Ulfborg DK

/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
spud

#3 Post by spud »

Can i have first dibs on the scope please if the buyer doent want it Dave.
Dangermouse

#4 Post by Dangermouse »

Did you sell this? Just curious,

DM
ovenpaa

#5 Post by ovenpaa »

No, it is still in the cabinet in fact time for a bump and a price drop.

GBP1650 or near offer.
/d

Shed Journal
John25

#6 Post by John25 »

ovenpaa wrote:Just found this, shot at 604m Ulfborg DK

So it doesn't put them in the middle?

:lol:

Nice looking rifle, will you be sorry to see it go?
ovenpaa

#7 Post by ovenpaa »

Sorry in some respects. It is a very accurate rifle however it is a heavy rifle, 10kg plus a 15kg front rest plus a rear bag and all the trappings of F Class, numbered boxes of ammunition built for each string, shooting mat, range bag, cleaning equipment, trolley to move it, huge range bag.

These days I prefer a 5kg rifle in a slip with a box of 22 rounds in each pocket, remove the rifle from the slip, shoot, clear and bag it and move back. To me it is an ethically purer form of shooting.

I was a very keen climber for many years then one day I changed and spent a year climbing without ropes, guide book or gear. I climbed in bare feet and a pair of shorts, it opens your mind yet focusses you at the same time, same sort of thing with a lighter rifle.
/d

Shed Journal
John25

#8 Post by John25 »

I never climbed, except the mast at Ganges. Scared me almost witless (definately, some would say) did it three times then, thankfully, having 'proved myself' didn't feel the urge to do it again.

Now I tremble on a blinking ladder! Not helped by my falling off one yesterday, silly sod that I am.

If I were starting 'F' class now it would be FTR but I have invested too much money and effort in my open gear now to swap horses in mid stream.

My 7mm worked ok yesterday and only my poor wind reading (and the occasional poor release) will hold me back.

I shoot for the day that all the top dogs will have something go wrong and I'll get it right :shakeshout:
Dangermouse

#9 Post by Dangermouse »

From accurate shooter
7mm has become the caliber to beat in F-Class open division. The dominant performances of UK shooters with 7mm cartridges at the 2009 F-Class World Championship, following the South African team’s success with 7mms at the previous Worlds, has shown the strength of 7mm chamberings for long-range competition. After losing to the Team Britain, the U.S. F-Open Team decided to switch to a 7mm for the next World Championship.
John25

#10 Post by John25 »

I had decided, on advice from Mik and Pete Hoson, to move up from 6.5/284 long before the yanks announced their decision. 7mm rides the wind better and my barrel should last longer than the 850 rounds of the 6.5.

Those were the main reasons, coupled with not having to undergo a complete die change and the definate advantage of using all my good 6.5 cases necked up. A cost saving not to be ignored.

The big sevens will still have an advantage at long range and, were I shooting short range in the Imperial this year, I would probably screw on a 6.5 barrel.