For Sale: Schmidt-Rubin 1896/11 Rifle, brass and dies

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
ovenpaa

Re: For Sale: Schmidt-Rubin 1896/11 Rifle, brass and dies

#11 Post by ovenpaa »

I suspect the Viking will be asking some questions soon, she asked me a few and I gave her a knowing shrug and a grin, the only thing I did say was 'Nah, feck all recoil...'

Odd she should take an interest in a SOWR..
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#12 Post by kennyc »

ovenpaa wrote:I suspect the Viking will be asking some questions soon, she asked me a few and I gave her a knowing shrug and a grin, the only thing I did say was 'Nah, feck all recoil...'

Odd she should take an interest in a SOWR..
don't worry, the steel butt plate will reduce the recoil considerably tongueout they are very reloadable for, and apparently love 175gn SMK's or you can buy the PPU 174gr bullets made for the job quite reasonably.
ovenpaa

#13 Post by ovenpaa »

Are they reloaded with .308 or .311 bullets?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#14 Post by dromia »

0.308"

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#15 Post by kennyc »

and always full length resize, you will find people who swear by neck sizing them, but I have met several people who have had problem through not adjusting their full size dies enough, so I would go wit the flow and give them the full works :D also for research
tikkathreebarrels

#16 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

ovenpaa wrote:Yeah, go on then, I have a Viking here going all doe eyed over it and telling me have no need for it, no room and no spare slot so that means she wants it. Are you anywhere near Barton Road Saturday?
Not in the morning as I'm set to take Her Wonderfulness and collect our new specs. As she's been grandson visiting for a week I'll be kept very busy from when she returns into the fold of my loving arms tomorrow (wednesday). Might be able to rig up a ride out Sat pip emma or you could drift over to Bury? I expect Sunday is completely spoken for.

Are we doing a bit of foreplay here or are you committing to purchase perchance? party2
ovenpaa

#17 Post by ovenpaa »

She says she wants it so I guess we have to come to a deal of some sort.

Saturday is BR to 1200 so the day is taken up and I need to work Sunday to make the time up. If you PM me a phone number and convenient time one of us will give you a call.
/d

Shed Journal
tikkathreebarrels

#18 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

ovenpaa wrote:She says she wants it so I guess we have to come to a deal of some sort.

Saturday is BR to 1200 so the day is taken up and I need to work Sunday to make the time up. If you PM me a phone number and convenient time one of us will give you a call.

If the lady wants it then I am happy to help you to fulfil her demands and desires but please, may I just be quite clear that there's no movement on the price "£280 plus transfer fees if necessary", not least as there is another waiting in the wings.

I shall PM you now with contact details though...
tikkathreebarrels

NOW SOLD: Schmidt-Rubin 1896/11 Rifle, brass and dies

#19 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

RIFLE, BRASS, DIES ALL SOLD SUBJECT TO TRANSFER OF BULLION FROM UN-NUMBERED SWISS BANK ACCOUNT :goodjob: Thank you Christel.
ovenpaa

#20 Post by ovenpaa »

I think she is going to enjoy this rifle.
/d

Shed Journal