De-activation

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
murphwiz

De-activation

#1 Post by murphwiz »

Hmmm looking at prices for gsg-5, for some reason de-acts are worth more?!
What does it cost to get a gun de-act?
Alpha1

Re: De-activation

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

sign01
murphwiz

#3 Post by murphwiz »

I know, usually I'd be dead against it, but a gsg5?
saddler

#4 Post by saddler »

Cost = nothing

It IS possible to DO-IT-YOURSELF
AND
A De-Act does NOT need a Proof House Cert (yet another money making scam from the Proof House's)

You would have to have a copy of the current de-act standards sheet, etc. plus the suitable machining skills

I agree too - HATE to see a good gun ruined - but GSG5's = nowhere near what a good gun should be
ovenpaa

#5 Post by ovenpaa »

You will need to prove to your FEO that a firearm has been deactivated and they may only accept a deact cert as it means it has been inspected and approved as deactivated to the latest specification. In the case of the GSG5 that includes welding all of the moving parts as well as chopping/drilling and plugging as it is a S/A
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

sign01 sign01 sign01 :roll:
Steve

#7 Post by Steve »

Wash your mouth out with soap and water for uttering that swear word...deactivation. :bad: :lol:
Gaz

#8 Post by Gaz »

saddler wrote:Cost = nothing

It IS possible to DO-IT-YOURSELF
AND
A De-Act does NOT need a Proof House Cert (yet another money making scam from the Proof House's)

You would have to have a copy of the current de-act standards sheet, etc. plus the suitable machining skills

I agree too - HATE to see a good gun ruined - but GSG5's = nowhere near what a good gun should be
If you want to try that argument with your FEO please do let us know how it goes. I hear Pentonville's mail system is first class! :good:
murphwiz

#9 Post by murphwiz »

Ok ok ok... I get the message!

Time to sell this thing then, know anyone looking for an unreliable .22 semi auto send them my way, i got a gorgeous one!
ovenpaa

#10 Post by ovenpaa »

How much?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal