P14 & P-H 1200TX

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Gaz

P14 & P-H 1200TX

#1 Post by Gaz »

Posted on behalf of Brunel University Target Shooting Club.

They have one, or possibly two, Parker Hale 1200TXs to dispose of. The rifle which is for sale has been stripped, so you're buying a barrelled action. The barrel is shot out but the receiver (essentially a Mauser 98) and bolt are in perfect working order. Would make an excellent project gun ... *looks for signs of badgers* Price is £75 ONO.

If the second 1200TX goes it can be sold as a full rifle or as a barrelled action, preference being the latter. Full rifle price is £100; barrelled action is £75 ONO.

Both rifles are in good cosmetic condition. Neither is fitted for a scope. All offers considered. Target sights *may* be available at the right price.

The P14 has been converted into a target rifle, complete with target sights and stock. The barrel has a small patch of rust 2"-3" from the muzzle. It would easily polish out - the club have decided to sell the rifle in order to free up cabinet space. Price £125 ONO. The rifle is in pretty good condition externally.

Photos available in 10 days' time i.e. when I'm next at Bisley. If you are interested you can view them at Bisley next weekend, 22nd/23rd. All rifles are chambered in 7.62mm.
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

Re: P14 & P-H 1200TX

#2 Post by dodgyrog »

I've got a brand new Parker Hale barrel that would fit
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
ovenpaa

#3 Post by ovenpaa »

Ah... we could be onto a winner here. What is the PH chambered in Roger?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#4 Post by Mike357 »

On behalf of my club, we'd be interested in a complete rifle if it becomes available. May we have first refusal please Gaz? Photos would be great when available. Cheers.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#5 Post by dodgyrog »

ovenpaa wrote:Ah... we could be onto a winner here. What is the PH chambered in Roger?
7,62 x 51 (.308 to you and me)
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Gaz

#6 Post by Gaz »

PM inbound, Rog. Mike, happy to give your club first refusal on a complete rifle. I "think" they still have the parts for the first rifle but I'll need to speak to the club and see what they've still got.
saddler

#7 Post by saddler »

Norman Clark may have any missing spares as he took over most of the P-H bits & bobs when the firm folded...

The 1200TX are a brilliant rifle
Gaz

#8 Post by Gaz »

Mike - PMd you but not sure if you received it. Are you still interested?

Also, the P14 is still up for grabs. It does need rebarrelling but otherwise it's in good condition. Pics to follow if I can find my camera cable...