Sending a rifle to a gunsmith

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: Sending a rifle to a gunsmith

#11 Post by Mike357 »

Indeed, he changed my springs out the back of his van parked at the back of Melville while I waited!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
murphwiz

#12 Post by murphwiz »

Alan is a nice fella!
Nice and local to me, purchased a taurus lbr from him.
Christel
Site Admin

#13 Post by Christel »

Andy632 wrote:
shugie wrote:I might need to send my Rossi off to be sorted, am I correct in thinking that the only way of doing this, apart from taking it in person, is to send it as a transfer from RFD to RFD?

Also, what, if anything, do I need to do about my certificate while it's away? Does it get recorded as being elsewhere, or is an RFD having it an acceptable location for the police?
As far as I'm aware there is nothing to stop you sending it directly to a RFD for repair.
Not legally. RFD to RFD transfer.
ovenpaa

#14 Post by ovenpaa »

For FAC/Non RFD holders, here in the UK you cannot send (courier) a rifle to an RFD however an RFD can return (courier) a rifle registered to you.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#15 Post by shugie »

murphwiz wrote:Alan is a nice fella!
Nice and local to me, purchased a taurus lbr from him.
I've made contact with him, and he's going to look at my recalcitrant Rossi in January when we will both be freezing at Bisley (or drownded, depending).
Careful now/that sort of thing