Full Bore - UK Annual shoot?

Moderator: dromia

pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

Re: Full Bore - UK Annual shoot?

#11 Post by pe4king »

500 mile round trip I could live with that, I have been doing half of that for work all week and possibly for the next three :twisted: .
Spanner in the works 4.6l range rover :roll: works out approx £160 in petrol :o
Oh well will have to see when it is maybe the bank balance will be a bit healthier by then
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Sim G

#12 Post by Sim G »

Kev, you me, a load of guns and ammo in my Ford Ka.......... a squash, but a lot cheaper!!!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
HeatherW762

#13 Post by HeatherW762 »

Wouldn't mind making the trip, so long as it doesn't clash with work. Is it possible to have 2-3 dates to see which one gets most people? Don't mind helping out in any way I can.

Heather
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#14 Post by pe4king »

Sim G wrote:Kev, you me, a load of guns and ammo in my Ford Ka.......... a squash, but a lot cheaper!!!
sounds lika a plan mate
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Chuck

#15 Post by Chuck »

Sounds like a plan.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
jjvc

#16 Post by jjvc »

I could fancy it.

Joe
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#17 Post by Mike357 »

Now camping would be a great idea Ovenpaa. Get a bbq fired up,ha few beers and some banter.
;)
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#18 Post by 20series »

I'm up for it depending on the date not clashing with other commitments, Heathers idea of a few dates and going for the most takers sounds like a plan :D

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
The Gun Pimp

#19 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Diggle has a full calendar of shoots covering all disciplines - see www.diggleranges.com for the calendar.

Guests are always welcome at any of these shoots.

Alternatively, the ranges get very little use during the week - the range could be booked exclusively for the forum members. Any distance from 100 to 1000 yards with covered firing points if wet!

The Diggle daily range fee is £15. However, the ranges can be hired for the day from £250 - i.e for 25 shooters it would only be a tenner each.

There is plenty of accommodation in the area, limited bunkhouse accommodation on range and room for a few tents.

I suspect the problem may be agreeing what to shoot.

Cheers
Vince
barney57

#20 Post by barney57 »

The Gun Pimp wrote:Diggle has a full calendar of shoots covering all disciplines - see http://www.diggleranges.com for the calendar.

Guests are always welcome at any of these shoots.

Alternatively, the ranges get very little use during the week - the range could be booked exclusively for the forum members. Any distance from 100 to 1000 yards with covered firing points if wet!

The Diggle daily range fee is £15. However, the ranges can be hired for the day from £250 - i.e for 25 shooters it would only be a tenner each.

There is plenty of accommodation in the area, limited bunkhouse accommodation on range and room for a few tents.

I suspect the problem may be agreeing what to shoot.

Cheers
Vince

Camping/Carvan weekend might be good,,,,campfire come BBQ and a few beers in the evening could be the social bit,,,have some small bore, full bore and a few clays throughout the day and have a roundrobin competition..