AK47 and AK74 mags. Mint condition. Never issued / used.

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
breacher

Re: AK47 and AK74 mags. Mint condition. Never issued / used.

#11 Post by breacher »

Not for AK - sorry. Will be disposing of some pMags soon though.
raybrown53

#12 Post by raybrown53 »

So what mods would be needed to get these to run in my Saiga AK? I Have been told they dont fit out the box.
breacher

#13 Post by breacher »

You need the conversion kit ( basically a little bullet guide that you fix to the trunnion just below the chamber )

Some people make their own or you can buy one ready made.

Did it myself on my saiga and it is easy. Bought part only and had a metal workshop guy fit it while I waited - literally a five min job.

Or you can buy from USA - check if you have a round or square trunnion though....

http://www.dinzagarms.com/saiga_762x39/x39rtg.html

Only £10 for the guide only or £16 for the guide and screw / bolt / drill / tap etc

Or you can get any decent metal worker to drill and tap your trunnion, I got mine done for £10.

Then you can use ANY of the AK milsurp magazines.

Here is a video

raybrown53

#14 Post by raybrown53 »

breacher wrote:You need the conversion kit ( basically a little bullet guide that you fix to the trunnion just below the chamber )

Did it myself on my saiga and it is easy. Bought part only and had a metal workshop guy fit it while I waited - literally a five min job.

Or you can buy from USA - check if you have a round or square trunnion though....

Only £10 for the guide only or £16 for the guide and screw / bolt / drill / tap etc

Or you can get any decent metal worker to drill and tap your trunnion, I got mine done for £10.

Here is a video

That looks really good and looking at the video on the website you can even use the Saiga mags afterwards so I wouldn't have to bin the two I have. As I am not convinced at my ability not to mess up the drilling and tapping I would pay someone to do it. Think I will order the kit from the US.

As an aside to this anyone here modified their AK to have a bolt hold open? I have seen some people cut the safety lever to act as a bolt hold open.
Mikaveli

#15 Post by Mikaveli »

raybrown53 wrote:
breacher wrote:You need the conversion kit ( basically a little bullet guide that you fix to the trunnion just below the chamber )

Here is a video

That looks really good and looking at the video on the website you can even use the Saiga mags afterwards so I wouldn't have to bin the two I have. As I am not convinced at my ability not to mess up the drilling and tapping I would pay someone to do it. Think I will order the kit from the US.

As an aside to this anyone here modified their AK to have a bolt hold open? I have seen some people cut the safety lever to act as a bolt hold open.
Same kinda gig mate - you can either notch the safety yourself or buy one pre-made.

If you find a US seller prepared to ship the bullet guide to the UK, let me know - I'm gonna need one for a .223 sign92
breacher

#16 Post by breacher »

Still some AK mags available.....................................
raybrown53

#17 Post by raybrown53 »

breacher wrote:Still some AK mags available.....................................
I have a bullet guide coming my way from the US. I will take a couple of AK mags. Will PM you.
lasbrisas

#18 Post by lasbrisas »

raybrown53 wrote:

Here is a video

I bought a bolt hold open safety lever from Midway UK although it was about £60, needed a bit of internal filing aswell to get it to work. Also the finish was wrong so I had to get it parkerized to match the Romac finish. I didn't want to ruin the original with a dremel and only bought it to satisfy other shooters it was safe.
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#19 Post by snayperskaya »

raybrown53 wrote:
breacher wrote:Still some AK mags available.....................................
I have a bullet guide coming my way from the US. I will take a couple of AK mags. Will PM you.
You can't beat some nice Russian Bakelite mags :)

As for getting stuff from the States its worth hanging around on some of the US forums and getting to know a few folks....comes in handy for getting stuff shipped over ;)
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
raybrown53

#20 Post by raybrown53 »

snayperskaya wrote:
raybrown53 wrote:
You can't beat some nice Russian Bakelite mags :)

As for getting stuff from the States its worth hanging around on some of the US forums and getting to know a few folks....comes in handy for getting stuff shipped over ;)
I happen to work for a US company. :grin: So have a few mates in Minnesota that can help me out within reason obviously.