QR rings or bigger cabinet

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

Re: QR rings or bigger cabinet

#11 Post by channel12 »

JS569 wrote:
DanTheMan wrote:Warne QR rings are very good, I have used some on my AR15 for years and never had a zero shift when removing the scope. I'm about to bung a set in the for sale section as I have upgraded to an ADR forward mount as I have changed scope.
Agreed, i take my scope off regularly to use different sight arrangements and my warne qd rings don't seem to shift the zero
The Picatinny rail was designed to allow optics to swapped on and off rifles without loss of zero. However the only scoped rifle I have a problem fitting in my shotgun style cabinet is my AR-15 because it has a pistol grip. That has a LaRue QR one piece mount and there's never a problem with the zero.
Leupold do QR rings and Vortex do a QR one piece mount.
Alpha1

#12 Post by Alpha1 »

Agreed, i take my scope off regularly to use different sight arrangements and my warne qd rings don't seem to shift the zero
qd rings= No idea.
AlieN

#13 Post by AlieN »

Thanks for all the replies everyone - really helpful. QD rings in the first instance then, but without doubt a (MUCH) larger cabinet as well down the line!

Thanks,

AlieN
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#14 Post by dromia »

You will always regret not having a big enough cabinet.

It is not just about getting the guns in it is about getting them in and out without scratching them and damaging them, procrastinating will not serve you well.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
AlieN

#15 Post by AlieN »

Sounds like wise words Dromia. Might be a smaller safe for sale soon then!

AlieN