Larue Tactical LT104 scope mount 1"

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Demonic69

Re: Larue Tactical LT104 scope mount 1"

#11 Post by Demonic69 »

By selling second-hand you're already screwing the manufacturer from a sale. The damage has been done, ballistix is causing no harm. Move along ya troll :-P

I don't read my own signature!
John MH

#12 Post by John MH »

Demonic69 wrote:By selling second-hand you're already screwing the manufacturer from a sale. The damage has been done, ballistix is causing no harm. Move along ya troll :-P

By selling second-hand you've screwing a manufacturer, how?

By selling a fake and reselling it you are screwing the manufacturer, and sometimes unsuspecting punters. Not in this case though as it's clearly a fake, and is being sold as such.

Get a life. :55:
Last edited by John MH on Fri May 16, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demonic69

#13 Post by Demonic69 »

Says the guy trolling the forum for posts he can jump into with clever or antagonizing remarks.

I'll leave it there, sorry to the people with a real interest in this thread, just fed up with John's constant bull$hit.

John MH

#14 Post by John MH »

The OP wants a LaRue LT104, what he's been offered is not, end of.
Grizzly

#15 Post by Grizzly »

Thanks but yes I'm after genuine. No, I'm not bothered about being offered a copy, it's as described, easy to spot and there are plenty around. Will be in the states in a few weeks so will most likely bring one back with me, ITAR allowing.
Ballistix

#16 Post by Ballistix »

Ummm....

Just to add - I bought this as part of a rifle kit from a respected UK RFD. I didn't know it was a copy at that time and paid a silly amount of money for a setup that worked just fine for me. Turns out this component was a copy. I did some retrospective research in my own time and do you know where I think the fault lies? > With me for buying it and not doing my homework in the first place!

In my view it's just a piece of metal that was lying around my house doing nothing. I saw the thread and thought I might be helping out a fellow member by letting him know I had a similar piece of metal to that which he was looking for but not quite the same and he could make a judgement on if he wanted it or not. I went further in trying to help a fellow member by informing him that I had learned the item is not the original so as not to let him make the same mistake as I did.
John MH

#17 Post by John MH »

Not a question of integrity on your part, you were quite clear on what it is. The fact the you may have originally been duped is testament to the problem with fakes, someone at some point will be disappointed and potentially conned.

Some people will be very happy to have a fake.
Grizzly

#18 Post by Grizzly »

Ballistix wrote:Ummm....

Just to add - I bought this as part of a rifle kit from a respected UK RFD. I didn't know it was a copy at that time and paid a silly amount of money for a setup that worked just fine for me. Turns out this component was a copy. I did some retrospective research in my own time and do you know where I think the fault lies? > With me for buying it and not doing my homework in the first place!

In my view it's just a piece of metal that was lying around my house doing nothing. I saw the thread and thought I might be helping out a fellow member by letting him know I had a similar piece of metal to that which he was looking for but not quite the same and he could make a judgement on if he wanted it or not. I went further in trying to help a fellow member by informing him that I had learned the item is not the original so as not to let him make the same mistake as I did.
Ballistix, It's not a problem. I would think most people would agree you were trying to be helpful and transparent. Thanks for the offer and sorry you got duped. If I were you I'd be "re-visiting" the RFD you bought it off.

There are plenty of fake/real LT104 pics on ar15.com for anyone else who is thinking of buying the same.
Grizzly

#19 Post by Grizzly »

For info: a genuine LaRue LT104 mount direct from LaRue: