Looking for full-bore shooting club in Yorkshire

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

OpenFerret

Re: Looking for full-bore shooting club in Yorkshire

#11 Post by OpenFerret »

Many thanks Kungfugerbil,

I've sent them an email and will let you know what I find out.
nickb834

#12 Post by nickb834 »

Easingwold near York has it's own outdoor range - 100 / 200 yards IIRC as well as a lovely indoor range (I've only shot on the indoor range).
Kungfugerbil

#13 Post by Kungfugerbil »

nickb834 wrote:Easingwold near York has it's own outdoor range - 100 / 200 yards IIRC as well as a lovely indoor range (I've only shot on the indoor range).
Isn't Easingwold smallbore only? I could have sworn it was when I was looking around before... I believe the outdoor range is 50 / 100 rather than 200. Might be wrong of course!
nickb834

#14 Post by nickb834 »

Kungfugerbil wrote:
nickb834 wrote:Easingwold near York has it's own outdoor range - 100 / 200 yards IIRC as well as a lovely indoor range (I've only shot on the indoor range).
Isn't Easingwold smallbore only? I could have sworn it was when I was looking around before... I believe the outdoor range is 50 / 100 rather than 200. Might be wrong of course!
Indoor will do pistol calibre carbines upto 454 (energy limit is 470ft/lbs and velocity is 1710 fps) and I'm fairly sure on the pictures in the indoor range (showing construction of the outdoor range) they were shooting 303 and 308 - the backstop construction certainly looked hefty.

In all fairness though, I only attended a course at Easingwold (NSRA RO's course) I'm not a member so I could be wrong on the outdoor range for lenght / calibres.....
ozone

#15 Post by ozone »

Don't know if it is full bore or not.

Bridlington rifle and pistol club. The club is situated on Gypsey Road and is open Monday,
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 7pm to 10pm and Saturday 2pm to 5pm.
Wednesday nights are saved for group bookings.

Anyone interested in joining or just coming for a visit to try it out should contact Sam Berridge
on 07590 464360 or email bridlingtonrifleandpistolclub@gmail.com

Copied from a piece in the Bridlington Free Press so I have not post any confidential info and I
have never been there so I can't comment on facilities.

ozone

Laurie

#16 Post by Laurie »

Pickering. Very scenic 300 yard range in a wooded valley to the north of the town. 100 / 200 / 300 yard shoots every Sunday April to October, two per month over the winter. A participant in the YRA joint booking scheme for Strensall twice per month (but it doesn't work out at that due to cancellations) where club days are 300 / 500 / 600 yards normally. TR, F-Class, lots of historic military collectors / shooters, bit of black powder - not many particpants these days. Club members book a couple of Bisley trips and lane bookings annually for both Century and Stickledown shoots.

PM me for the secretary's name and telephone number if interested