New SSG 69 P1 Magazine

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
ovenpaa

Re: New SSG 69 P1 Magazine

#11 Post by ovenpaa »

They do have their moments however I am a loyal fan :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
M41B

#12 Post by M41B »

Me too.... just need to find an original Kahles scope now....

Magazine posted this morning Dave by the way.

Mat
I enjoy my shooting but usually get a better group with the empty cases !!!!
ovenpaa

#13 Post by ovenpaa »

Thank you Mat, I am in your debt. :good:

Do you have the original issue rings for your new one?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
M41B

#14 Post by M41B »

No problem. It did come with Steyr rings but they are 30mm. Came with a sling, Harris bipod, ten round mag and a 10 X 40 scope. I've got a spare set of rings but they are 1" not 26mm which is a pain. I'm not in a rush but would like an original scope some time.
Regards
Mat
I enjoy my shooting but usually get a better group with the empty cases !!!!
ovenpaa

#15 Post by ovenpaa »

I come across the occasional SSG P1 and they seldom have the as issued rings and 'scope which is why I grabbed my own one on the spot as it is as it came out of the case other than a few extra original factory spacers on the Butt now. The ZFM 6x42Z as fitted is lacking slightly beyond 6-700m however it is a 600m rifle so 6X is ample for what it was intended.
/d

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#16 Post by Alpha1 »

Mine came with the original rings and kahles scope. I managed to acquire a second one they occasionally come up on eBay in the States. I also got a set of 6.5x55 turrets for the second one for free from Kahles.
ovenpaa

#17 Post by ovenpaa »

The Israeli Defence Force ZFM clones/alternatives are always worth a look as well as a workable alternative however even they are few and far between these days.
/d

Shed Journal
webb22

#18 Post by webb22 »

The later PIIs came with a x10 khales IIRC. I do love mine, though the rotary mags are a weakness. And the lugs do go on the 10rnd'rs. However i do single feed mine with no issues - just keep the mag in! I picked up a bespoke (German) piccy rail for it that attaches to the original mounting points. Works brilliant with no loss of zero. I recently put an old EB x10 sniper scope on it and feels more in keeping now, rather than the meaty Nightforce I had on it previously. The ZF scopes are brill but are calibrated for 168gns I believe, so a bit limited for long range - which with 155gn (at 1000yds) is no problem for this awesome rifle! I have seen AICS conversion kits for the magazine, but sacrilegious IMO :) the macmillian aftermarket stock would be nice, but never seen one for sale :(
'Windage & Elevation Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'
ovenpaa

#19 Post by ovenpaa »

They are limited by magnification beyond 800 and you are also rapidly running out of elevation with the standard rings. The drums are very easy to machine, I made a stub arbor to hold them for the facing off operation and the final index slot.
ZFM-Cam.png
/d

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#20 Post by Alpha1 »

Is that a standard .308 drum. Yes the Kahles are calibrated for the 168grain bullet I have the factory test group for mine. One of the guys I shoot with has a picatinny rail fitted to his it looks quite smart. I have a Schmit and Bender scope I need to find a rifle for I toyed with the idea of fitting it to the SSG but decided to leave it in the original set up.
10.9grams converts to 168.2 So if you want to shoot the original round you need to acquire some Norma-Match 168grain .308 ammo. Or reload to that spec.
steyr1.jpg