How many rounds do you shoot ?

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Dave Sattar

Re: How many rounds do you shoot ?

#21 Post by Dave Sattar »

I shoot .223 in my Steyr AUG, so far less punishing to shoot that the heavier calibers. If it's just me on a 100yd bench at Bisley, target board covered with Shoot 'n See spalling targets, most I might get through would be 100 - 120 rounds in a morning when trying out different brands of factory ammo.

When it's a club shoot with several of us taking turns shooting on a single target and doing a share of Butts marking duty, then I might only get through 20-30 rounds.
Hauptman

Re: How many rounds do you shoot ?

#22 Post by Hauptman »

On a half day (4hrs) shoot with six shooters sharing a target, I usually get to shoot three details of 2+15 308's, plus one or two details with the 223.

You can reduce the cost by using RWS once fired 308 cases at £10 a 100 from the NRA, and the excellent TR140 powder at £50 a kilo.

H/man