wanted - Lovex D032

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
phaedra1106

Re: wanted - Lovex D032

#21 Post by phaedra1106 »

George brought over 2.5 tonnes of assorted 12g reloading components including shotgun powder (S030 or S035 I believe) and 200 or 250Kg of rifle powder (no D032)

Update, just managed to get hold of him and looks like I'm going there later today to see what he has, he's also looking at doing another trip so will see what he plans to bring over.
Last edited by phaedra1106 on Tue May 26, 2015 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Sim G

#22 Post by Sim G »

That's fair enough, but what if you don't live in the land of Philleas Fogg? 25 quid on top for shipping?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
saddler

#23 Post by saddler »

Sim G wrote:That's fair enough, but what if you don't live in the land of Philleas Fogg? 25 quid on top for shipping?
You'd think so - but you'd be wrong

He's supplying all manner of RFDs with his shotgun cartridges, sometimes in person...he also drops off lots of powder

Besides - who lives within reasonable driving distance of the other Lovex stockists?
Not too many in the Westlander catchment area for one...& his prices are almost double what Proper Cartridges charge

I've picked up lots of Loves to ferry up to buyers in Fife & the Lothians, easy enough to also do so in the other direction as he's not too far off the A1 & several F~B folk live within 10 minutes of his premises
bradaz11
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#24 Post by bradaz11 »

i understand that it might not seem sensible to look for a powder that is hard to find atm, but who's to say it stays elusive, or that alliant powders don't disappear next year?

as saddler says, this guy seems to be trying his best to get it to as many folks as he can.

But it all boils down to I asked for a good powder for 9mm SGC and this was suggested, although if it is just bullseye, i may as well use the actual bulseye that i have. I was going to avoid bullseye as i had seen other threads that warned against bullseye in 9mm loadings

I don't need one powder that does all my loadings, but its useful to have a backup. I prefer WST in my 45acp loads, use bullseye in 38spl, bullseye in 44mag. so i wanted to see what was good for 9mm. then will probably move onto a powder for 357.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
phaedra1106

#25 Post by phaedra1106 »

And a very nice man he is too, even if he did just completely empty my wallet! wtf
But then again, where else could I get 6Kg of powder for £190? :good:

I managed to get the last 2Kg of S062 and 4Kg of D073.05 (Accurate 2460) as a back up for my 308s :good:
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
bradaz11
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#26 Post by bradaz11 »

he did seem like a nice guy, although he doesn't have the powder i want either.
bradaz11
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#27 Post by bradaz11 »

ok, westlander has it. £35 per lb seems reasonable! someone said that he seemed to be overpriced but that sounds about right??