1066's Labradar upgrade

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Triffid
Home club or Range: Wey Valley

Re: 1066's Labradar upgrade

#21 Post by Triffid »

So Allan sent me one of his triggers and I had a chance to test it out last week.

Firstly the upgraded sighting system works much better the the original - you have some confidence that the unit is pointing towards the correct target, rather than in its general direction. I assume this helps when you're on a firing point with more than one active shooter.

So I started using the Labradar in it's normal shot detection mode. To say I was plagued by false triggers is an understatement - with shooters either side of me the unit was picking up their shots but failing to properly give a reading as they were going onto different targets. So after a few minutes and having to reset the Labradar, I moved onto the recoil trigger.

The trigger itself needs to be fixed onto the rifle and there are some velcro straps for this. I used the vent holes in the fore-end of one rifle and the hanguard of another - both worked fine and I was able to get the trigger unit on nice and tightly with the straps.

After configuring the Labradar to use the external trigger it was then plain sailing. I didn't have a single failure to trigger, although there were a few failures to follow the shot, but in hindsight I think that was to do with my positioning of the Labradar unit - I was prone and I think the muzzle blast was kicking up dust in front of me.

Anyway, a great add-on to the Labradar, particularly if you're shooting alongside others.

Triffid
nickb834

Re: 1066's Labradar upgrade

#22 Post by nickb834 »

1066 wrote:
Chapuis wrote:1066 your magnetic sighting arrangement is a much nicer set up than the short length of drinking straw that a friend uses with his Labradar.
It was interesting to read of your success rate using this piece of equipment as my friend gets very annoyed when using his because its failure to register shots.
I think part of the problem is that the EU version of the Labradar is lower powered than the US version - we have a bit of a girly watered down version which makes sighting more critical. The standard "V" notch is pretty crude.

Here's the magnetic sight:
https://youtu.be/GXI49fgd3ek
I may have accidentally acquired a full power US one........but it has software options for both high and low power. I'd imagine the UK / EU ones are identical and it's a setting / jumper on the PCB to restrict / enable the feature.