AK47

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: AK47

#31 Post by snayperskaya »

Browning_grrl wrote:
Blu wrote:..... I thought we were discussing the AK47 which is good for spray and pray and that's about it.

True that. :good:
Didn't seem to stop the VietCong from dropping GIs' at 500m in the paddy fields......
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Blu

#32 Post by Blu »

snayperskaya wrote:
Browning_grrl wrote:
Blu wrote:..... I thought we were discussing the AK47 which is good for spray and pray and that's about it.

Didn't seem to stop the VietCong from dropping GIs' at 500m in the paddy fields......
Sure but having to empty the magazine to do it. Spray and pray dude, spray and pray.
polemass

#33 Post by polemass »

Definition of accuracy for AKM,from Polish Army manual 1967:
-zeroeing rifle,4 shots at 100m,grouping Max.15cm for min.3shots
-max. rounds required to destroy target at 100m distance, size as human face,single fire-1
As for battle/assault rifle-not bad,and you always can do better if you were the right staff
For coyotes I will use M44-bayonet only... :p
Browning_grrl

#34 Post by Browning_grrl »

snayperskaya wrote:
Browning_grrl wrote:

uh-huh. bovine manure. Have you ever seen Charlie?? Or even a rice paddy?? Utter nonsense.
breacher

#35 Post by breacher »

Well I suppose accuracy is subjective.

Is it accurate enough to hunt small animals ? Well, assault rifles are not designed for that. I would not try to hunt small animals with an AK. But then again I dont think an M4 with iron sights and milsurp ammo would be much better.

How accurate do you expect an assault rifle using an intermediate cartridge to be ? As I understand it, they are designed to hit man size targets at 300 yards and suppressing fire to 600 ish yards.

What group sizes were you achieving ?
breacher

#36 Post by breacher »

[Quote]uh-huh. bovine manure. Have you ever seen Charlie?? Or even a rice paddy?? Utter nonsense.[quote]

So was rifle inaccuracy the main reason the Vietnamese lost that war then ?
Blu

#37 Post by Blu »

Breacher
But then again I dont think an M4 with iron sights and milsurp ammo would be much better.
Then you would be wrong, I've hunted and killed coyotes with an M4 over iron sights and with milsurp ammo back in the days when the stuff was cheap and plentiful over here.
Nope, both the lack of political will on the part of the American government and public opinion lost them the war. I've spoken to many American Vietnam veterans and they all say the same thing, they were expected to fight with one hand tied behind their backs. Much the same as our troops are today.
breacher

#38 Post by breacher »

Blu wrote:Breacher
But then again I dont think an M4 with iron sights and milsurp ammo would be much better.
Then you would be wrong, I've hunted and killed coyotes with an M4 over iron sights and with milsurp ammo back in the days when the stuff was cheap and plentiful over here.
Nope, both the lack of political will on the part of the American government and public opinion lost them the war. I've spoken to many American Vietnam veterans and they all say the same thing, they were expected to fight with one hand tied behind their backs. Much the same as our troops are today.
I dont think you read my post fully re Vietnam lol

As to accuracy difference between the AK and other assault rifles - I guess we shall have to agree to disagree.

All I can say is it is accurate enough for its intended purpose.
safetyfirst

#39 Post by safetyfirst »

Sob. All I wanted was an AK47 for Christmas, now I'm heading towards a thread lock. (Weeps into box full of platoon DVD's)
breacher

#40 Post by breacher »

No need for a lock. Its just a friendly debate.