Live L1A1 Straight pull rifle

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
huntervixen

Re: Live L1A1 Straight pull rifle

#61 Post by huntervixen »

The FE appears to be a standard Brit three slot example, the bayonet lug is part of the FE, look on the left hand side of your gas block and FE, you will probably see (unless burnished away) NATO part numbers and UK manufacturer parts codes.

Looking forward to the pictures, a very interesting piece.
HALODIN

#62 Post by HALODIN »

If this is an L1A1 gas block on an IMBEL FAL receiver, then it probably means the rifle has been re-barreled, as the gas block is soldered on to the IMBEL barrels.
huntervixen

#63 Post by huntervixen »

Well, they are the devils own job to remove from service L1A1 barrels, replacement barrels came with a Gas block fitted in service, so if the REME wasn't prepared to remove and fit them, you know its a sod of a job!

This rifle resembles (not saying it is) an LDT built shorty L1A1 with a three slot FE fitted instead of the G3 example on theirs.

http://www.luxdeftec.com/index.php?rout ... duct_id=64
HALODIN

#64 Post by HALODIN »

No cross hatching on the bolt!!! :bad:
Laverda981

#65 Post by Laverda981 »

Where did all my posts go?
HALODIN

#66 Post by HALODIN »

I can only think a moderator has deleted them for some reason...
bnz41
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#67 Post by bnz41 »

Now your posts have been deleted makes no sence leaving the other posts that replied to you, should have deleted them as well....
Rab

#68 Post by Rab »

snayperskaya wrote:Just my opinion but I don't see what all the fuss is about these, I shot one a few weeks back and didn't think much of it and much prefer my SVDS.
One is as good as the other, some good ones out there, some bad as in all makes of milsurp firearms.