Two Tikka 308 rifles - M65 Supersporter and ultra rare M65A

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
tikkathreebarrels

Two Tikka 308 rifles - M65 Supersporter and ultra rare M65A

#1 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

Guys,

I continue to have a need to release funds and as my TMR1 foxing rifle isn't moving I'm going to try these two as well. If both go there will then be a sale of reloading dies and components in 308.

The rifles:

I have owned both for about ten years and both have been shot 2/3 times yearly with my total round count in the hundreds rather than the thousands but please note that I have no previous history to go with these lovely old Tikkas. Both shoot well, the M65 Supersporter certainly does well for me at the local 600 yard gallery range. The M65A has seen rather less use other than as a spare stalking rifle.

Tikka M65 Supersporter

I think this may have been someone's TR rifle in the past. The barrel which appears to carry Tikka factory markings is fluted and turned down at the muzzle, presumably for fitting a foresight. Large bolt knob fitted, the stock has been refinished in clear varnish with a Tikka sticker on the adjustable cheekpiece. Comes fitted with 20x Supersniper type scope with rear adjust parallax. Bipod not fitted.

I'm asking £500 for this shooter.

Tikka M65A

You know what this is - rarer than unicorn poo!

Selling this is like letting go of grandfather's watch but times being what they are...

Everything works, nothing is broken, standard factory fit bipod, the stock adjusts every which way. Currently fitted with a Leupold scope (details to follow) and quick adjust sling. Certainly not shot out, I've put maybe 75 rounds through in the last 4 years.

I may be able to find some spares, I think there's a second mag somewhere but for the rifle as per the image in view of its rarity value I'm asking £800.

In both cases any cost of inter RFD transfer to be met by the buyer.
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

Re: Two Tikka 308 rifles - M65 Supersporter and ultra rare

#2 Post by dodgyrog »

That 65A looks beautiful. Sorry but I just don't have the funds - which is why I am restoring an old PH 1200TX
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Sim G

#3 Post by Sim G »

Believe it or not, I had an M65A as well. I also let it go, about 10 years ago actually....

Don't do it, you will regret it....!!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
tikkathreebarrels

#4 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

Sim G wrote:Believe it or not, I had an M65A as well. I also let it go, about 10 years ago actually....

Don't do it, you will regret it....!!
Then I need to sell either the TMR1 or the M65. bangbang sign92
ovenpaa

#5 Post by ovenpaa »

We both agree the M65A looks rather nice, and tempting as well....
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
lapua338

#6 Post by lapua338 »

The M65A looks awesome!
ovenpaa

#7 Post by ovenpaa »

T3B, the Viking tells me she hopes to see you Saturday with another rifle so can you have a sort out of the bits you have for the M65A and bring it along as well please.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
tikkathreebarrels

#8 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

ovenpaa wrote:T3B, the Viking tells me she hopes to see you Saturday with another rifle so can you have a sort out of the bits you have for the M65A and bring it along as well please.
Replied in existing PM.
tikkathreebarrels

#9 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

M65A now sold! Thank you Christel
Christel
Site Admin

#10 Post by Christel »

The M65A is now living in my house, a minute of so after tikkathreebarrels had left it was in bits, down to the smallest screw/washer. It has now been cleaned, barrel and all and put back together. A wise man once told me that when you clean an item you look as well and that way you get to know what you have. It is just what I wanted, a rifle I can shoot out to 1000m and buy ammo off the shelf, when I take the 22C places I am dependent on my reloads.

Lovely it is :shakeshout:

Thanks tikkathreebarrels!

Who by the way is a pleasure to deal and chat with. :good: