Hawke Nite Eye 4-16 x 50 AO IR

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Hawke Nite Eye 4-16 x 50 AO IR

#1 Post by Mike357 »

I have acquired the above scope with the SR6 reticle along with a rifle I have bought.

The rifle is for Gallery Rifle and therefore the scope is overkill and I don't like "fussy" reticles. It is in good condition but it seems to have what appears to be a small black line on the reticle in the 10 o'clock position right on the outside of the field of view. It looks like a piece of thread rather than a scratch. (Any ideas how I can get rid of it?

Current retail is £160.

Does £60 seems reasonable :) :)
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
ovenpaa

Re: Hawke Nite Eye 4-16 x 50 AO IR

#2 Post by ovenpaa »

Is the small black line in focus? I can only work on experience, marks at the objective end tend to be less visible and the most visible seems to be the glass the reticle is etched into. We had an IOR explode grease over this area and it was very noticeable and in focus.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#3 Post by Mike357 »

I would say the black line is as in focus as the actual reticle. I have cleaned both lenses so I reckon it is inside the scope. Heaven knows how it got there!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
ovenpaa

#4 Post by ovenpaa »

Hmm... have you tried shaking it vigorously, does it move? I do wonder if you can dislodge whatever it is and move it outside of the field of vision.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal