TR Ewing Spooting Scope Stand

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
EagerNoSkill

TR Ewing Spooting Scope Stand

#1 Post by EagerNoSkill »

Hi all

Looking for a good solid stand to loan or purchase for spotting scope that I will take to Raton in August

Advice and help would be much appreciated

PS Matt thanks for the help sign92

Tim
johngarnett
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

Re: TR Ewing Spooting Scope Stand

#2 Post by johngarnett »

Tim,

I don't mean this in the least rudely but could you not purchase one over there? Do they have 'on range' shops as per Fultons at Bisley? You could get a bigger choice maybe?

Coming back into UK it would look like you've always had it ;) , if you get my drift!

JohnG :cornwall:
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#3 Post by hitchphil »

A chap called James Dallas apparently imports & sells them in UK however I placed an order with him a month ago & never got a reply? so if you find someone to bring them back I would buy one from you. Order on line http://www.scopestands.com/ & get it shipped to Camp Perry ~$300 ~£200 for the standard TR coaching light weight one.

Why no GB equipment trader has a deal to stock & sell over here is odd? poss HPS could be tempted to stock them?
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
Meaty

#4 Post by Meaty »

Tim,
Do you know anyone with a mill and a couple of hours spare? ;) I would say that if you showed them the pictures here http://www.scopestands.com/id5.html they would be able to knock one or two up in no time. Any personal touches could also be incorporated in the build.
EagerNoSkill

#5 Post by EagerNoSkill »

johngarnett wrote:Tim,
I don't mean this in the least rudely but could you not purchase one over there? Do they have 'on range' shops as per Fultons at Bisley? You could get a bigger choice maybe?
Coming back into UK it would look like you've always had it ;) , if you get my drift!
Would normally be a valid point BUT I need the develop the skills and matt protocol of using a spotting scope when shooting the rifle to see mirage.
I would prefer to do that now in various practice sessions that I have left before I go to Raton.

Once in Ration we have so much to do and absorb "adding" something new that late in the game is likely to be more disruptive.

ENS-TIM
johngarnett
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

#6 Post by johngarnett »

OK Tim I quite understand now.

I know James Dallas was importing some. When I got mine I phoned Al Ewing (yes, that's right!) and explained my use, he told me what I needed. Paid over the phone and it was here pretty darn quick. Worth a try?

I use mine very often so regret I couldn't spare. Anyway, I need as much practice as I can get :grin:

JonC

#7 Post by JonC »

The Bisley range office has scopes on stands that can be hired, might be worth seeing if the the stands are compatible. Also seen a selection in the Lord Roberts shop.
bnz41
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#8 Post by bnz41 »

Morning Tim,
PM sent. Sorry please ignore.