list of fullbore comps and postal leagues.

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

paulbradley

list of fullbore comps and postal leagues.

#1 Post by paulbradley »

Hi all. I am an ex smallbore shooter. I have recently taken up fullbore. I am interested in shooting postal leagues and comps as well as attending comps in the localish area (south). There does not seem to be a resource page that one can find details of such things. If anyone knows one then please let me know! If there is no such thing I would like to suggest creating a sticky on here which can be added to by clubs and orgs. Paul
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: list of fullbore comps and postal leagues.

#2 Post by 20series »

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum

you might like to introduce your self on the new members page and tell us all about yourself :goodjob:

As for your question, here's a link the NRA calendar of events which could be a good start

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/calend ... mancal.asp

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#3 Post by IainWR »

Hi Paul

Welcome!

You may have some difficulty getting a positive answer to your exact question. Remember that both the range facilities and the conditions of the day can be enormously variable and that has a huge effect on scores in fullbore. Consequently, almost all fullbore competition is shoulder-to-shoulder, or at least squadded to a pattern on the same range on the same day. This means that it is usually essential to travel to a venue for a competition, which does make for a more sociable basis in that you actually meet the other competitors and get to know them over time.

yours

Iain
paulbradley

#4 Post by paulbradley »

Thank you for the replies. Iain that makes total sense. I will cross postal leagues out of my plans! I have seen the NRA list which is great but does not include open comps at smaller clubs which I would find a real benefit.
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#5 Post by IainWR »

Ah.

The NRA used to employ a Useful Person who did that kind of stuff. if you are a Member you might ask the people in charge why such a Person is no longer employed. Not that I have a vested interest:(

Iain

Married to the formerly Useful Person
paulbradley

#6 Post by paulbradley »

Aha!! The dreaded budget cuts..
karen

#7 Post by karen »

Nope nothing to do with budget cuts - was bullied out of my job :cry:

Love

Formerly Useful Person
paulbradley

#8 Post by paulbradley »

That is not nice, very sorry to hear it.

Not useful but living with someone who tolerates me..