AIAW Moderator

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

AIAW Moderator

#1 Post by pe4king »

Leftover from the sale of my AW is a Sporting services moderator to fit the tactical threaded muzzle brake.

Made by MAE New Zealand has had about 500rds through it in good condition £100

Pics on request
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
ovenpaa

Re: AIAW Moderator

#2 Post by ovenpaa »

Pics please.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
pe4king

#3 Post by pe4king »

As requested
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
7mm longrangesniper

#4 Post by 7mm longrangesniper »

Hi Mate
What thread is the mod please.Thank You. bangbang

Regards

Steve :flag13:
pe4king

#5 Post by pe4king »

7mm longrangesniper wrote:Hi Mate

Regards

ooh now you got me. its the weird left hand thread for the AI tactical threaded brake, I shall endeavour to find out though.
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#6 Post by 20series »

pe4king wrote:
7mm longrangesniper wrote:Hi Mate

Regards

ooh now you got me. its the weird left hand thread for the AI tactical threaded brake, I shall endeavour to find out though.
It looks like my PES-T12 i had on my Remmy set up
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
M41B

#7 Post by M41B »

Would it be proofed for 300 win mag, if so I would be interested .....
Mat
I enjoy my shooting but usually get a better group with the empty cases !!!!
pe4king

#8 Post by pe4king »

M41B wrote:Would it be proofed for 300 win mag, if so I would be interested .....
Mat
Mat
It is on my ticket as a .308 and stamped 7.62x51 on the mod and is not actually proofed.
Personally as far as a mod goes I cant see why it couldn't be used on a .300 winmag its the same sized bore, although I will prepare to be corrected.
But if you look on the website http://www.jmsarms.com/suppressors.php the PES12 standard ranges from .17 to.308 and the Large ranges from .223 to 30.06 there is no specific mod for a .300, however the standard is 210 grams heavier than the large go figure eh
Kev
pe4king

#9 Post by pe4king »

Edit to add I can see no actual proofhouse marks on it but it is stamped 7.62 nato
7mm longrangesniper

#10 Post by 7mm longrangesniper »

Hi Mate
It looks as though your A I barrel would be threaded in one of the two configurations either , do you not know any one who has some thread gauges to check it for you.

UK barrels ********** M18 X 1.5
AI AW barrels *********3/4 X 24

Some of the aftermarket brakes are made in M24 X 1 like the ones from Grizzly Gun Works.

I did find out how ever that some companies make accessories for the A I like the Brügger and Thomet suppressor has a M18x1.5 LEFT handed thread, it could be that they have a European Version withe the L/H thread in M18 X 1.5.

Some of the larger barreled F Class Rifles are threaded 3/4 X 28 which is a finer thread ! ttiuwp

What Proofing marks are on your barrel , this will tell us what it should be, I now know where you get the idea about the L/H thread ?

See pictures included. Hope this assist you. bangbang

Regards

Attachments
barrel_markings.jpg
muzzle_brake_marking.jpg