Target Rifle rearsight

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Gaz

Target Rifle rearsight

#1 Post by Gaz »

I am selling my M&S target rearsight.

It is a 1/4 MOA-per-click rearsight with up to 80 minutes of elevation and features a quick release lever so you can remove the windage arm for storage. The mounting plate is curved to fit the top of the Musgrave receiver and includes two cap-headed screws correctly threaded for the pre-drilled holes in the Musgrave receiver. The sight also features slippable windage and elevation plates, Twin Zero style. Both the windage arm and the sight body are numbered 886.

Included in this sale is an adaptor from metric to imperial to allow modern rearsight irises to be fitted, and a fixed aperture eyepiece.

In design terms the M&S rearsight is a functional copy of the AJ Parker model 4/80 rearsight, itself a development of the popular model 4/47 target rearsight for the .303" No.4 - which, in turn again, was a better-engineered copy of Parker Hale's model 5C target rearsight. While the 4/80 was (as I understand it) the same sight as the 4/47 but with an updated range scale for 7.62mm, the M&S sight I am selling does not have a range scale - which is no bad thing as nobody really uses them anyway.

This is definitely a ¼MOA sight. M&S did produce a large number of ½MOA and 1/3MOA sights, but this is one of the rarer fine adjustment models. I've used it since buying the rifle it was fitted to and it's served me very well.

I'm looking for £90 ONO. The sight is advertised elsewhere. Pics to follow once I've uploaded them from my phone.